|First appearance||U.S. 1 #1 (May, 1983)|
|Created by||Al Milgrom, Herb Trimpe|
|Alter ego||Ulysses Solomon Archer|
|Notable aliases||U.S. 1, US Ace|
U.S. 1 lasted for 12 issues (May 1983 - October 1984). It was among the first line of books edited by Ralph Macchio, and Bob Harras later worked on the title. Al Milgrom wrote the series, with artwork provided by Marvel veterans Herb Trimpe, Frank Springer and Steve Ditko.
- Ulysses Solomon Archer (U.S. Archer), the main character of the series.
- Mary McGrill, waitress at the Short Stop Diner. She also had an alternate personality, the villainess Midnight, who used a mind-controlling bullwhip.
- Ed "Poppa Wheelie" Wheeler and "Wide Load Annie" Wheeler, operators of the Short Stop Diner.
- Jefferson Archer (Highwayman), U.S.'s brother who turned to evil.
- Baron Von Blimp, a villain based out of a dirigible.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
- Morris, Jon (2015). The League of Regrettable Superheroes: Half Baked Heroes from Comic Book History. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Quirk Books. pp. 252–253. ISBN 978-1-59474-763-2.
- Webb, Liam. "10 Questions with... Ralph Macchio". Comic Avalanche. Archived from the original on August 7, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2008.
- Ralph Macchio at the Grand Comics Database
- Shooter, Jim. "Bullpen Bulletins," Marvel comics cover-dated November 1983.
- Byrd, Matthew (29 August 2017). "15 Superheroes Marvel Wants You To Forget". Screen Rant. Retrieved 2 September 2017.