|Traditions||Sulaimani Bohra Islam|
The family is descended from Mullah Tyab Ali Bhai Mian, a member of the Sulaimani Bohra community, and a scion of an old Cambay emigrant Arab family. Tyab Ali has seven sons, whose descendants form the Tyabji family. The Tyabjis were Sulaimani Bohra Muslims. Asaf Ali Asghar Fyzee was also a member of the Tyabji family.
- Mullah Tyab Ali
- Najmuddin Tyabji
- Badruddin Tyabji
- Shamsuddin Tyabji
- Tyabji, Laila (25 July 2018). "Growing Up in a Muslim Family That Didn't Fit Any Stereotypes". The Wire. Archived from the original on 26 July 2018. Retrieved 2019-09-29.
- "How greatness sometimes runs in a family's genes". Hindustan Times. 2015-04-11. Archived from the original on 10 January 2018. Retrieved 2019-09-29.
- Latif, Bilkees I. The ladder of his life : biography of Air Chief Marshal Idris Hasan Latif, PVSM. New Delhi. ISBN 9789381904855. OCLC 861739673.
- Guha, Ramachandra (2015-05-01). "Homage to a bird man". Telegraph India. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- Singh, Iqbal (1998). Between Two Fires: Towards an Understanding of Jawaharlal Nehru's Foreign Policy. Orient Blackswan. p. 311. ISBN 9788125015857.