Turtle Creek High School
|Location||126 Monroeville Avenue, Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Architect||George Henry Schwan|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|NRHP reference #||07000880|
|Added to NRHP||August 30, 2007|
Woodland Hills Academy is a historic school in Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania. It is part of the Woodland Hills School District. It was built in 1917 as the Turtle Creek High School. In 2009, the school re-opened as the Woodland Hills Academy; it currently serves grades K–8.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 30, 2007, and the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks in 2009.
- Leon Hart, football player, Heisman Trophy winner and tight end for 1957 NFL champion Detroit Lions
- William McMillan, Olympic gold medalist.
- The Vogues
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- Historic Landmark Plaques 1968-2009 (PDF). Pittsburgh, PA: Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation. 2010. p. 7. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Siebert, Annie; Niederberger, Mary (November 10, 2011). "Concerns raised about Woodland Hills Academy". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
- "Area Marine Aims For Olympics". Matthew S. McMillan. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
|This article about a property in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|