|Tujhse Hai Raabta|
|Created by||Sonali Jaffer|
|Developed by||Sonali Jaffer|
|Written by||Dr. Zaheer Sheikh|
|Screenplay by||Gitangshu Dey|
|Story by||Kamolika Bhattacharya|
|Directed by||Sanjay Satavase |
|Creative director||Yakshi Burathoki|
|Theme music composer||Prakash - Viraj|
|Opening theme||"Kuch Toh Hai Tujhse Raabta"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||543|
|Editor||Swapnil Sudhakar Narurkar|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Full House Media Private Limited|
|Distributor||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||3 September 2018 –|
Tujhse Hai Raabta (transl. There's a connection with you) is an Indian television series that airs on Zee TV . It premiered on 3 September 2018 and focuses on the unspoken connections and bonds between people. It stars Reem Shaikh, Sehban Azim, Poorva Gokhale Arzaan Shaikh and Rajat Dahiya .
The story revolves around the bitter-sweet relationships between a daughter and her stepmother, who are forced to live together after a tragedy strikes in the family. The strong bonds of Kalyani, Malhar, Moksh , Anupriya and Sarthak they connected each other
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Per WP:TVPLOT, this section should not exceed 500 words per season, and should focus on the overall shape of the series, not episode-by-episode revelations. If day-by-day plot is preferred, editors will need to start an episode list and write proper episode summaries. Section also needs to be cleaned up for proper English grammar, spelling, typography, etc. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kalyani, an 18 year old girl, lives in Arungabad with her parents, Atul and Madhuri. On their wedding anniversary, Madhuri slips and hangs on the balcony and Atul fails to hold her hand and she falls to her death. Before dying, Madhuri tells Kalyani the name of Anupriya, making Kalyani believe that Anupriya is the cause of her mother's death. Atul gives Kalyani's custody to Anupriya before going to jail because Anupriya is Kalyani's step-mother but Kalyani is unaware of this and seeks vengeance. But Kalyani realises that Anupriya is nice and is dominated by her family. Kalyani also learns about the dark past before her birth. Kalyani's fraternal cousin, Sampada loves Atharv but was forced to marry Malhar, the ACP of the area, on Ahua saheb telling. She gives birth to a healthy baby boy, whom Kalyani often calls Pillu. Unable to live without Atharv, Sampada elopes with him. Anupriya tries to stop them and accidentally shoots them and they presumed dead. In a fit of rage, Malhar marries Kalyani and troubles her, believing that she was the cause of Sampada and Atharv eloping with each other. Pillu is named Moksh Malhar Rane, after a scene being created at his naming ceremony by Pallavi. Atharv and Sampada are alive but poor. Atharv marries the landlady, Mugadha, and proclaims that Mugadha is mentally unstable and confiscates her property.
Anupriya's brother Keshav comes to take revenge from her by kidnapping Moksh but he is found by Malhar. He also asks Kalyani to shoot herself for Moksh safety but she is saved by Anupriya. Meanwhile, Malhar becomes angry when he learns that his mother had died because of accident by Rao Sahab, who commits suicide. Atul returns from jail and is shocked by his father's death. Malhar is arrested for the charge of Rao Sahab's suicide. But Kalyani, Anupriya and Sarthark believe that he is innocent and together they find out that Vivek wrote Rao Sahab' suicide note. Meanwhile, a custody battle between Malhar and Sampada goes, in which they are asked to stay together. Atul decides to make Kalyani marry Atharv. Malhar blames himself for Kalyani's blindness but finds out that she is acting. Kalyani finds out that Mugadha is Atharv's wife and tells it to Malhar and they both plan to expose Atharv. But Atharv kidnaps Anupriya and blackmails Kalyani. On their wedding day, Atharv tries to put Sindoor on Kalyani's forehead but Anupriya stops him and Malhar puts Sindoor on Kalyani's forehead. Sampada and Atharv reveal the entire plan and gain Moksh's custody. Kalyani becomes angry at Malhar because he did this for her sake. She tries to punish herself but stops and tells her pursue her studies. Sampada and Atharv decide to take Moksh with them to Dubai. But they are stopped by Kalyani, Malhar, Anupriya and Sarthark.
Malhar and Kalyani reacquire Moksh's custody from Sampada. Atharv turns mentally unstable due an accident and behaves like a child. Malhar comes across his colleague Ketki. Kalyani discovers that Ketki and Vaman are terrorists. Ketki tries to marry Sarthark but Atul stops it but is shot in the process and dies.
15 days later
Kalyani still misses Atul. Atharv befriends a man named Baap ji, who turns out to be Malhar's father, Madhav Rane. Kalyani introduces Madhav to Malhar on an award function. Madhav tells that for Malhar's sister, Swara's sake he remarried. Malhar excepts having a step-mother Aashwari and step-brother Ahir. A dead body is found on 26th July. Kalyani and Malhar start searching for the murderer. Sarthark tells everyone that he was the person who killed the man. Swara tries him and reveals that the man's name was Radhe Shyam, he was a transgender and they both had fallen in love and had married each other. But due to his death she has become a widow. Malhar consoles her. But Kalyani realises that Sarthark is not responsible for Radhe Shyam's death because had died due being choked, not by being hit on the head. Soon she and Malhar discover that it was Ahir who had killed Shyam. To protect himself, Ahir kidnaps Moksh. But he saved by Malhar and Kalyani and Ahir is imprisoned.
Kalyani's childhood friend Rachit Khannna arrives. While travelling in a taxi, Malhar realises that the taxi driver is Ahir. Malhar saves Kalyani and Rachit from having an accident but Ahir escapes. Later on, Ahir kidnaps Kalyani and asks to prove that he betrayed his country which Malhar does. When he saved Kalyani, Ahir and his goons kidnap Malhar. Meanwhile, Kalyani comes know that Ahir has also kidnapped Atharv (who was sent to the mental asylum by Malhar due to Swara's false accusation that he had used violence on her). She also comes face-to-face with Madhuri who was alive but is also stuck between Anupriya and Madhuri. It is later revealed that the one whom Kalyani thinks is Madhuri is actually Mamta, Madhuri's twin, who had lost her right hand and works for the naxals. Ahir attacks the Deshmukh's and asks Kalyani to marry Rachit otherwise he would hang Malhar. But Kalyani heroically saves Malhar and Deshmukh. Rachit reveals that he had loved Kalyani and he was the one whom suggested Ahir the idea of his marriage. Kalyani learns that Moksh suffers from cancer and needs an urgent bone marrow transplant. Kalyani decides to be with Rachit for Moksh's sake and hides the truth from Malhar, who soon learns about. Rachit kidnaps Kalyani and tries to molest her but she cleverly posts his confessions social media. Frustrated, Rachit tries to kill her, but Malhar saves her and confesses his love to her. Meanwhile, Malhar and Kalyani plan to catch Sampada by making her believe that Atharv has regained his memory and is going to confess all the crimes they both had done with each other.
Afraid, Sampada enters the house but is stopped by Rachit. On a puja day, Rachit kidnaps Swara and tries to marry her but is noticed by Athrav. He accidentally hits Rachit on the head and marries Swara. Meanwhile, at the house Sampada dons a disguise to kill Atharv but is caught by family, who tie her. Anupriya shoots Rachit and his body disappears. Atharv harasses Kalyani. To save Moksh, Kalyani takes on IVF surrogacy and keeps it a secret. On day she finds Rachit's cadaver. During that, Mastani bai, a transgender persons marries Kalyani. Kalyani lies to Malhar that she is pregnant with Rachit's child. Mastani bai turns out be Atharv and kidnaps Ahua Saheb. He tries to kill Kalyani's child. Kalyani faints. Malhar learns that Kalyani's health is deteriorating and therefore an abortion is necessary.
Malhar meets with an accident due to Trilok having removed the brakes. Trilok kidnaps Moksh and asks for Divya in return.
Kalyani sends Divya in the car which Trilok had kept for her. Malhar tries to stop her, but while doing so, the car blasts and Divya dies. Kalyani and Malhar realize that Moksh was also in the car. Kalyani blames Malhar for Moksh's death. Malhar shoots Kalyani and she is presumed dead.
5 years later
Malhar becomes Sub-inspector from ACP and lives in guilt for having lost Kalyani. Kalyani is now the District Magistrate of the area. Anupriya no longer considers Kalyani her daughter.
During her engagement to Minister Damini Despande's son, Vikram, Kalyani is caught in a fire and Malhar saves her. Vikram rejects Kalyani after seeing her face. But Kalyani removes her bandages, thus revealing that she has only minor burns. But Kalyani refuses to marry Vikram due to his attitude.
On Avni's baby shower, it is revealed that Avni is not Malhar's wife. Ahir had left Avni when she got pregnant with his child. Malhar's father's last wish before dying was that Malhar would take care of Avni and her child his name. Vivek burns Swara and is arrested.
Meanwhile, Kalyani finds out that Mukku is none other than Moksh. Moksh accidentally kills Ahir. Kalyani hides Moksh from Malhar fearing that if Malhar finds Moksh, he will take him away from her.
To save Vivek from Sarthark's wrath, Anupriya lies to him that Mukku is her and Sarthark's daughter. Sarthark also accepts her. Meanwhile, Kalyani learns that Ahir's last wish was that Malhar would marry Avni. Malhar accepts this. Kalyani learns that Malhar has a DNA test done for Mukku. Therefore, Kalyani changes Mukku's DNA report so that Anupriya's lie doesn't come out. Mukku falls on Avni's stomach and it is revealed that Avni had a miscarriage two days earlier, but was hiding this. Malhar marries Kalyani. Malhar tells Kalyani that Swara had died and had written that Anupriya knew that Swara was being tortured but asked her not tell anyone anything. Later it is revealed that it was Ahua saheb who had written about Anupriya in Swara's diary. On a puja, Malhar gives Kalyani the new name of "killer". Kalyani tries to convince Malhar that Anupriya is innocent, but Malhar doesn't believe. Avni makes Mukku iron a dress but instead of water Avni had added oil so that the iron box slips from Mukku's hand and she fractures her legs.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Section relies too heavily on slashes, which are ambiguous. If someone started off as an ACP, then later gets promoted, that should be explained in a clear character description. If someone gets married and their name changes, that should be explained. People unfamiliar with the series should be able to understand why there are multiple names listed. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Reem Sameer Shaikh as D.M. Kalyani Malhar Rane : Malhar's wife; Moksh's mother; Anupriya and Sarthak's step-daughter; Madhuri and Atul's daughter (2018-present)
- Sehban Azim as ACP / Sub Inspector Malhar Rane: Kalyani's husband; Moksh's father; Madhav's son; Swara's brother; Anupriya and Sarthak's nephew and step-son-in-law; Avni's fake husband (2018–present)
- Poorva Gokhale as Advocate Anupriya Sarthak Rane: Sarthak's wife; Atul's ex-wife; Kalyani's step-mother; Malhar's aunt and step-mother-in-law, Moksh's step-grandmother (2018–present)
- Mahi Soni as Moksh Malhar Rane aka Pillu: Malhar and Kalyani's son; Sampada's biological son; Anupiya and Sarthak's grandson (2020-present)
- Arzaan Sheikh as Baby Moksh Malhar Kalyani Rane (2018-2020)
- Rajat Dahiya as Advocate Sarthak Rane: Madhav's brother; Anupriya's husband; Malhar's uncle, Kalyani's step-father, Moksh's grandfather (2019-present)
- Shagun Pandey as Atharv Bapat: Pallavi's brother; Sampada's ex-boyfriend; Mughda and Swara's ex-husband (2018-2020)
- Sneha Shah as Sampada Verma: Aparna and Vaman's daughter; Atharv's ex-girlfriend; Malhar's ex-wife; Kalyani's cousin; Moksh's mother (2018-2020)
- Savita Prabhune as Ahilya Deshmukh: Sayajirao's wife; Atul, Aparna and Vivek's mother; Kalyani and Sampada's grandmother (2018–present)
- Shahab Khan as Sayajirao Deshmukh: Ahilya's husband; Atul, Aparna and Vivek's father; Kalyani and Sampada's grandfather (2018–2019) (Dead)
- Priya Shinde as Pallavi Bapat: Atharv's sister; Vivek's ex-wife; Godavari and Nal's mother (2018–present)
- Rajeshwari Datta as Aparna Verma (née Deshmukh): Ahilya and Sayajirao's daughter; Atul and Vivek's sister; Vaman's ex-wife; Sampada's mother (2018-2019; 2020-present)
- Pankaj Vishnu as Atul Deshmukh: Ahilya and Sayajirao's son; Aparna and Vivek's brother; Anupriya and Madhuri's husband; Kalyani's father; Malhar's father-in-law (2018–2019) (dead)
- Amrapali Gupta as Madhuri Deshmukh (nee Verma): Atul's wife, Kalyani's mother, Malhar's mother-in-law, Mamta's twin sister (2018) (Dead) / Mamta Verma: Madhuri's twin sister; Kalyani's aunt (2019–2020)
- Mamik Singh as Vaman Verma: Aparna's ex-husband; Sampada's father; Madhuri and Mamta's brother (2019) (Dead)
- Anuj Khurana as Vivek Deshmukh: Ahilya and Sayajirao's son; Atul and Aparna's brother; Pallavi's ex-husband; Godavari and Nal's father; Swara's husband (2018–2019; 2020-present)
- Anju Jadhav as Swara Deshmukh / Bapat (née Rane): Madhav's daughter; Malhar's sister; Kalyani's sister-in-law; Atharv's ex-wife, Vivek's wife (2019-2020) (Dead)
- Anjali Abrol as Godavari Deshmukh: Vivek and Pallavi's daughter (2020-present)
- Ayush Anand as Trilok Marathe (2020) (Dead)
- Snehal Waghmare as Inspector Divya Trilok Marathe (2020) (dead)
- Ananya Dwivedi as Suhana Marathe: Trilok and Divya's daughter (2020)
- Shrashti Maheshwari as Avni: Aahir's girlfriend (2020-present)
- Utkarsh Gupta as Rachit Khanna: Kalyani's one-sided lover and childhood school friend (2019-2020) (dead)
- Milind Pathak as Madhav Rane: Sarthak's brother; Asawari's husband; Malhar, Swara and Aahir's father; Kalyani father-in-law (2019–2020) (dead)
- Amita Choksi as Asawari Mehat: Madhav's wife; Aahir's mother (2019–2020)
- Asma Badar as Mugdha Atharv Bapat: Atharv's ex-wife; Eknath industry owner (2019)
- Siddharth Dhanda as Aahir Rane: Asawari and Madhav's son; Malhar and Swara's half-brother; Kalyani's half brother-in-law; Avni's boyfriend and her baby father (2019–2020)(Dead)
- Vaishnavi Prajapati as Riddhi Rane: Sarthak's adopted daughter (2019-2020)
- Roop Durgapal as Ketki Deshmukh: Malhar's colleague and obsessive lover (2019)
- Pankit Thakker as Adinath Sayed: Anupriya's suitor (2019)
- Sheena Bajaj as Varsha Nehra (2018)
- Amit Soni as Keshav Bindal: Anupriya's brother (2019)
- Sanjeev Swaraj as Constable/ Inspector Arvind Pawar (2018-present)
The production and airing of the show was halted indefinitely in late March 2020 due to the Covid-19 outbreak in India. Because of the outbreak, the filming of television series and films was halted on 19 March 2020 and expected to resume on 1 April 2020 but could not and the series was last broadcast on 24 March 2020 when the remaining episodes were aired. The filming resumed on 28 June 2020 and airing to resume on 13 July 2020.
The series has been dubbed in Hindi and released as Tujhse Hai Raabta on Tara HD. This show has been remade in Sinhala language as Oba Nisa which airs on Sirasa TV from 18 February 2019 to 31 January 2020.
In April 2019, the series and the channel was sent notice by Election Commission for promoting the then Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government scheme of Mudra Loan which violated the code of conduct for which the channel replied, "As a responsible national television network, ZEE has always created content basis its stringent content guidelines. The mention of certain government schemes and initiatives in some of the episodes of the television shows was a creative call taken purely in the interest of the public."
Awards and nominations
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Naya Sadasya (Male)||Sehban Azim||Nominated|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya(Female)||Reem Shaikh||Won|
|Favourite Bhabi||Poorva Gokhale||Won|
|Favourite Saas||Savita Prabhune||Nominated|
|Favourite Maa||Poorva Gokhale||Nominated|
|Favourite Bhai||Pankaj Vishnu||Nominated|
|Favourite Naya Jodi||Reem Shaikh & Shagun Pandey||Nominated|
|Favourite BFF jodi||Reem Shaikh & Shagun Pandey||Nominated|
|Social swagger of the year||Reem Shaikh||Nominated|
|2019||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor In Negative Role (Male)||Shagun Pandey||Nominated|
|Best Daily Series||Tujhse Hai Raabta||Nominated|
|Best Actress In Supporting Role||Poorva Gokhale||Won|
- "Tujhse Hai Raabta promo: Tale of a bittersweet relationship between a guardian and a daughter". The Times of India. 30 July 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Amrapali Gupta to be a part of Zee TV's Tujhse Hai Raabta – The News Express". The News Express. 31 July 2018. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Zee TV launches new show 'Tujhse Hai Raabta' to conquer 8-9 pm time band". IndianTelevision.com.
- "Television Industry in a Slump With the Lockdown". The Quint.
- "Coronavirus outbreak: Film and television shootings to stop till March 31". India Today.
- "COVID-19 impact: TV industry braces for loss as production stalled". Live Mint.
- "Entertainment industry welcomes Maharashtra govts move to resume filming projects". Outlook India.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Tujhse Hai Raabta star Sehban Azim speaks about being back on set after three months". Bollywood Hungama.
- "'Kumkum Bhagya', 'Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega' among shows back with new episodes from July 13". Zee News.
- "Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain, Tujhse Hai Raabta under fire for promoting govt schemes. EC issues show cause notice". India Today.