|Privately held company|
|Stanislav Soldatov, Dmtriy Odintsov|
|Products||Equipment production: videoconferencing, telepresence, VoIP, mobile solutions|
TrueConf is a Russian company that produces software-based video conferencing and unified communications solutions. Company’s applications are designed for usage in conference or meeting rooms, at workplaces, and on mobile devices. The company is headquartered in Moscow. TrueConf is a member of AVIXA, the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association.
TrueConf’s software architecture is based on Scalable Video Coding (SVC). During a multipoint video conference each conference participant receives an individual set of video streams adjusted in accordance with bandwidth, network connection, and endpoint’s capabilities. As opposed to SVC technology, traditional video conferencing based on Multipoint Control Units (MCUs) performs transcoding server-side, which is not scalable thus unsuitable for large deployments. TrueConf considers SVC-based architecture its competitive advantage as it significantly lowers infrastructure costs and easily adapts to any necessary device.
- TrueConf Server is on-premises software server designed for video conferencing in corporate networks. TrueConf Server is run on Windows Server OS.
- TrueConf Server Free is a free version of TrueConf Server with a limited number of users.
- TrueConf Enterprise is a operator class solution for large enterprises and service providers.
- TrueConf Online is a cloud-based video conferencing service designed to run video conferences over the Internet.
- TrueConf for Windows is an application for Microsoft Windows.
- TrueConf for Mac OS X.
- TrueConf for Linux is an application available for all popular Linuxdistributions, such as Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, openSUSE, Fedora, and ALT Linux.
- TrueConf for Android is an Android-based mobile application.
- TrueConf for iOS is a mobile application designed for iPhone smartphones and iPad tablets.
- TrueConf for watchOS is an application designed for Apple Watch.
- TrueConf WebRTC is an application designed for the browsers supporting WebRTC standard.
- TrueConf Terminal is a software-based room solution designed for conference rooms and meeting rooms.
- SVKS-m is an institutional video conferencing system designed for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation.
- TrueConf 4K point-to-point video conferencing system is a solution designed for direct 2160p (Ultra HD) video calls.
- TrueConf 3D is a hardware-software video conferencing solution which supports stereo image capturing and playback.
- Conferendo is a free software and a popular video conferencing service with more than 35 million users.
Awards and recognition
- Lidstone, Rory (September 2013). "TrueConf Server 4.1 Brings Enterprise-Grade WebRTC Support". WebRTC World. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Vlaskin, Alexey (June 2011). "TrueConf Announces Third Generation Video Conferencing Server". PR Web. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Schaffhauser, Dian (August 2015). "TrueConf Server Enables Up to 25 Participants in Video Conferences". Campus Technology. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "TrueConf Enterprise Connects 84 Notary Chambers in Russia and Enables Communication between 3856 Employees". Home Toys. March 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Iulia, Ivan. "TrueConf for Mac". SoftPedia.
- Ramsey, Rachel (17 January 2014). "TrueConf Expands Video Conferencing Capabilities to Linux". WebRTC World. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "TrueConf Brings Mobile Video Conferencing on Android to a New Level". Telepresence Options. October 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "TrueConf for iOS: New Design and Background Mode". Telepresence Options. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "TrueConf Video Call". August 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Levent-Levi, Tsahi (February 2014). "TrueConf and WebRTC: An Interview With Michael Gotalsky". BlogGeek.Me. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "TrueConf Terminal: Firmware 1.3.0 Release Now Supports Full HD Video Conferencing". Telepresence Options. November 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Davis, Andrew S. (March 2016). "When Size Matters in the UC World". Wainhhouse Research. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Greenberg, Alan D. (February 2016). "News in Brief: 17 February, 2016". Wainhouse Research. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "ISE 2016: TrueConf Presents 4K Videoconferencing Solutions". rAVe Pubs. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "TrueConf Pioneers 4K (UltraHD) 1-on-1 Video Calls". Wainhouse Research. 9 June 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Hamshar, Clayton (February 2015). "TrueConf Demonstrates 3D Video Conferencing Technology". WebRTC Solutions. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- PC Plus (August 2011). "How 3D video chat and sound is shaping up". Techradar. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Kayye, Gary (March 2016). "These are the official ISE 2016 Award Winners!". rAVe Pubs. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Ralls, Amy (August 2016). "TrueConf Named in Aragon Research's 'Hot Vendors' List". Planet WebRTC. Retrieved 23 November 2016.