A tripwire is a mechanical assembly designed to detect an anticipated type of target, and to trigger an apparatus that acts upon or records information about, that target.
"Tripwire" also may refer to one of the following:
- Open Source Tripwire, open source intrusion detection software
- Tripwire (company), a software company that builds and sells commercial versions of Tripwire-based software
- Tripwire force, a small but credible military force acting as a strategic deterrent, with the understanding that any hostility directed against said force or area would ignite an armed conflict between two powers; for example, the NATO and U.S. forces deployed in the Baltic states as part of Operation Atlantic Resolve.
- Tripwire, U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement publication
- General-interest works:
Film and television
- Tripwire (film) 1990 American film directed by James Lemmo
- Tripwire, documentary on Aboriginal soldiers in Australia narrated by musician Archie Roach 1995
Games and comics
- Tripwire Interactive, a video game developer
- Tripwire (G.I. Joe), a character from the G.I. Joe universe
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tripwire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.