Wade in 2016
|Born:||August 1, 1989|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Stony Point (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 245|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Trevin Wade (born August 1, 1989) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arizona.
Wade was born in Austin, Texas. In fifth grade he moved to Round Rock, Texas, where he attended Stony Point High School, playing football (including a stint at quarterback as well as other positions on both offense and defense) and basketball. Baseball player Hubie Brooks is his distant cousin.
Coming out of Arizona, Wade was projected to be a third round pick by the majority of NFL draft experts and scouts. He received an invitation to the NFL combine and completed nearly all of the combine and positional drills, choosing to only skip the 20-yard dash. His 40-yard dash was the 19th fastest time out of the 34 cornerbacks at the combine and his bench press was the 10th best performance out of the 19 cornerbacks who participated. Wade was ranked the 12th best cornerback prospect in the draft by NFLDraftScout.com and the 25th best cornerback prospect by Walterfootball.com.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|5 ft 10 in
|30 3⁄8 in
|8 5⁄8 in
|4.59 s||1.63 s||2.53 s||4.00 s||6.87 s||34 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 8 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
He competed with Buster Skrine, Dimitri Patterson, James Dockery, Tashaun Gipson, and Antwaun Reed for the Brown's third cornerback position throughout his first training camp. Wade was named the Cleveland Brown's fifth cornerback on the depth chart to begin the regular season, behind Joe Haden, Sheldon Brown, Dimitri Patterson, and Buster Skrine.
On September 16, 2012, he made his professional regular season debut, recording two combined tackle during a 27-34 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. On November 18, 2012, Wade collected a season-high four combined tackles as the Browns were defeated by the Dallas Cowboys 20-23. He played in 13 games for the Browns in 2012, finishing with a total of 17 combined tackles (12 solo) and one pass deflection. He was released on August 28, 2013.
New Orleans Saints
On November 18, 2013, the New Orleans Saints signed Wade to their active roster after Jabari Greer and Patrick Robinson were both placed on injured-reserve for the season. On December 22, 2013, he made his season debut as the Saints were defeated by the Carolina Panthers 17-13. Wade appeared in only two regular season games during the season and finished without recording a stat.
After finishing with an 11-5 record, Wade appeared in the first playoff game of his career. On January 4, 2014, he made one combined tackle during the Saint's 26-24 NFC Wildcard game victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. He was waived on September 17, 2014.
New York Giants
Wade competed with Chykie Brown, Jayron Hosley, Trumaine McBride, Bennett Jackson, Mike Harris, Chandler Fenner, and Josh Gordy for a backup cornerback position. He was named the Giant's third cornerback on their depth chart behind Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Prince Amukamara.
He made his New York Giant's debut in their season-opening 26-27 loss to the Dallas Cowboys and recorded one tackle. On October 19, 2015, Wade earned his first career start in place of Prince Amukamara, who suffered a pectoral injury. He collected six combined tackle during the Giant's 7-27 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. The next game, Wade earned a career-high seven combined tackles in a 27-20 victory over the Cowboys. On December 6, 2015, he earned his second career start and recorded a career-high six solo tackles in a 20-23 overtime loss to the New York Jets. He played in all 16 games with three starts, recording a career-high 52 tackles and six passes deflected during the 2015 season.
He returned in 2016 and competed with Tramain Jacobs, Bennett Jackson, Leon McFadden, Michael Hunter, Matt Smalley, and Donte Deayon. Head coach Ben McAdoo named Wade the fourth cornerback on the New York Giant's depth chart to begin the regular season, behind Janoris Jenkins, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and Eli Apple. Wade earned his first start of the season during a Week 4 loss to the Minnesota Vikings and recorded six solo tackles. The New York Giants earned a playoff berth after finishing the 2016 season with an 11-5 record. On January 8, 2017, Wade collected two combined tackles, as the Giant's were defeated 13-38 by the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Wildcard game. He finished the season with 26 combined tackle (24 solo) and three pass deflections in 16 games and two starts.
- Brad Stutzman, "Wade still has giant dreams", Austin American‑Statesman, January 30, 2015.
- Anthony Gimino (February 28, 2012). "Trevin Wade's 40-time is middle of the pack among cornerbacks at Combine". tucsoncitizen.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "Trevin Wade, DS #12 CB, Arizona". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "2012 NFL Draft: Cornerback Rankings". Walterfootball.com. April 25, 2012. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Trevin Wade". NFL.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: Cleveland Brown's depth chart: 08/01/2012". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: Cleveland Brown's depth chart: 10/01/2012". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- Browns waive DB Trevin Wade, former draft pick
- "NFL Player Profile: Trevin Wade". NFL.com. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Dan Salomone, "Giants sign DB Trevin Wade; 5 things you need to know", New York Giants, January 13, 2015.
- Justin Rogers, "Detroit Lions add 3 to practice squad; Jerome Couplin claimed by Buffalo Bills", MLive.com, November 3, 2014.
- "Ourlads.com: New York Giant's depth chart: 08/01/2015". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: New York Giant's depth chart: 10/01/2017". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- si wire (October 15, 2015). "Reports: Giants CB Prince Amukamara could miss time with pectoral injury". si.com. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: New York Giant's depth chart: 08/01/2016". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: New York Giant's depth chart: 10/01/2016". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Mink, Ryan (August 7, 2017). "Ravens Swap Cornerbacks, Add More Experience To Secondary". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 1, 2017). "Ravens Announce 24 Roster Moves, Have 13 More To Make". BaltimoreRavens.com. Archived from the original on January 18, 2018.