|Former Borough constituency|
for the House of Commons
|Number of members||one|
|Replaced by||West Kerry|
Tralee was a constituency in Ireland of the Parliament of the United Kingdom Parliament, returning one Member of Parliament (MP). It was an original constituency represented in Parliament when the Union of Great Britain and Ireland took effect on 1 January 1801. The borough constituency continued to be represented until it was disfranchised in 1885.
Members of Parliament
The list below includes a line for every UK Parliament election held in the constituency, even if the incumbent MP was re-elected.
- a Member of the former Parliament of Ireland chosen by lot to sit in the UK House of Commons from 1801.
Elections in the 1850s
|Conservative||George Herbert Kinderley||0||0.0||N/A|
|Radical gain from Irish Repeal||Swing||N/A|
O'Connell's death caused a by-election.
|Whig||Daniel O'Connell Jnr||150||93.8||N/A|
|Independent Irish||Thomas Fitzgerald||10||6.3||N/A|
|Whig gain from Radical||Swing||N/A|
|Whig||Daniel O'Connell Jnr||Unopposed|
|Whig gain from Radical|
|Liberal||Daniel O'Connell Jnr||Unopposed|
Elections in the 1860s
O'Connell resigned, causing a by-election.
O'Hagan resigned after being appointed a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas, causing a by-election.
|Liberal||Joseph Neale McKenna||79||40.7||N/A|
Elections in the 1870s
|Home Rule||John Daly||140||49.5||N/A|
Elections in the 1880s
|Home Rule||Daniel O'Donoghue||187||58.4||+8.9|
|Conservative||Samuel Murray Hussey||133||41.6||N/A|
|Home Rule gain from Liberal||Swing||N/A|
- Smith, Henry Stooks (1842). The Register of Parliamentary Contested Elections (Second ed.). Simpkin, Marshall & Company. p. 240. Retrieved 14 October 2018 – via Google Books.
- Walker, B.M., ed. (1978). Parliamentary Election Results in Ireland, 1801-1922. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy. ISBN 0901714127.
- The Irish Franchise and Registration Question. London: Ridgways. 1841. p. 9. Retrieved 14 October 2018 – via Google Books.
- "Shrewsbury Chronicle". 1 July 1853. p. 2. Retrieved 14 October 2018 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Answers to Correspondents". Dublin Weekly Nation. 9 July 1853. p. 8. Retrieved 14 October 2018 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- The Parliaments of England by Henry Stooks Smith (1st edition published in three volumes 1844–50), 2nd edition edited (in one volume) by F.W.S. Craig (Political Reference Publications 1973)
- Parliamentary Election Results in Ireland, 1801–1922, edited by B.M. Walker (Royal Irish Academy 1978)
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "T" (part 2)