|Toyota ND engine|
|Manufacturer||Toyota Motor Corporation|
|Displacement||1.4 L (1,364 cc)|
|Cylinder bore||73 mm (2.87 in)|
|Piston stroke||81.5 mm (3.21 in)|
|Valvetrain||SOHC 2 valves x cyl.|
|Compression ratio||16.0:1 - 18.5:1|
|Turbocharger||Variable-geometry with intercooler / Fixed-geometry turbocharger with intercooler|
|Fuel system||Common Rail direct injection|
|Power output||68–90 PS (50–66 kW; 67–89 hp)|
|Torque output||170–205 N⋅m (125–151 lb⋅ft)|
|Dry weight||99 kg (218 lb)|
The 1ND-TV (1.4 D-4D) is a compact inline-four cylinder turbocharged diesel engine used in various markets including JDM, Indian and European markets. It was introduced into European market in 2002 with the Yaris XP10 and XP20 Yaris Verso. it was Toyota's first diesel engine to be equipped with an aluminium cylinder block. It was offered in Indian market in Toyota Corolla (88.4 PS (65 kW; 87 hp) model) & Etios (68PS model) sedans. Principal aims of its development were low emissions and fuel consumption, reduction of mass (dry weight is 99 kg (218 lb)) and reduction of noise.
Technical specifications of the latest engine version:
- Displacement: 1.4 L (1,364 cc)
- Bore x stroke: 73 mm × 81.5 mm (2.87 in × 3.21 in)
- Max. power:
- Max. torque:
- Fuel Supply system: direct injection
- Intake system: fixed/variable-geometry turbocharger with intercooler
- Valve mechanism: SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
- Compression Ratio:
- Fuel Injection System: Common Rail at 1,600 bar (23,000 psi), 6 hole injectors
- Camshaft drive: timing chain
- Exhaust gas treatment: EGR, equipped with cooler and catalytic converter;
- Emission standard: Euro III (2001–2005); Euro IV, Euro V; Euro VI ( 2015 ); BS IV
- Fuel economy as per ARAI: 23.59 km/L (66.6 mpg‑imp; 55.5 mpg‑US), 4.8 L/100 km (49 mpg‑US; 59 mpg‑imp)
- CO2 emission combined: 128 g (4.5 oz)/km * * Toyota Corolla 1.4 D-4D, NEDC  ** 109 g (3.8 oz)/km Toyota Yaris 
- Production: Japan 
- Toyota Auris
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Etios
- Toyota Etios Liva
- Toyota Etios Cross
- Toyota iQ
- Toyota Ractis
- Toyota Urban Cruiser
- Toyota Verso-S
- Toyota Yaris
- Mini One D
- Toyota Probox
- "Press Release: Toyota Yaris and Yaris Verso D-4D" (PDF). Toyota Press Office UK. November 2001.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-22. Retrieved 2014-02-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Toyota India | Official Toyota Platinum Etios site". www.toyotabharat.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Toyota India | Official Toyota Corolla Altis site". www.toyotabharat.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "carfolio website data".
- "Toyota Motoe Corporation Global Website | 75 Years of Toyota | General Status of Plants in Japan | Kamigo Plant". www.toyota-global.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.