The Torino Film Festival (also called the Turin Film Festival, TFF) is an international film festival held annually in Turin, Italy. Held every November, it is the second largest film festival in Italy, following the Venice Film Festival. It was founded in 1982 by film critic and professor Gianni Rondolino as Festival Internazionale Cinema Giovani or the Festival of Young Cinema. The festival's directors have included Alberto Barbera, Stefano della Casa, Giulia d'Agnolo, Roberto Turigliatto, Nanni Moretti, Gianni Amelio and Paolo Virzì.
Gianni Rondolino founded the Festival Internazionale Cinema Giovani in 1982 in Turin, a city that was in economic decline. The festival, attracting big names in Italian and international cinema, helped to re-energise the city both economically and culturally. The first directors were Rondolino and Ansano Gianarelli. In 1998, the festival's name changed to the Torino Film Festival. In 2007, film director Nanni Moretti was appointed as director of the festival, with a view to making it more prominent on an international level. Moretti left the post in 2008, after two festivals, to focus on his own filmmaking. He was succeeded by film director Gianni Amelio.
- Pallister, Janis L.; Hottell, Ruth A. (2005). Francophone Women Film Directors: A Guide. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. p. 22. ISBN 0-8386-4046-X.
- Poirier, Agnès (3 December 2007), "Cinema is the loser at Turin", The Guardian, Guardian Media Group, retrieved 18 June 2010
- Ferrero-Regis, Tiziana (2009). Recent Italian Cinema: Spaces, Contexts, Experiences. Troubador Publishing. pp. 84–85. ISBN 1-84876-085-X.
- "TFF History", Torino Film Festival Official Site, retrieved 18 June 2010
- Child, Ben (8 December 2008), "Moretti Steps Down From Turin Film Fest", The Guardian, Guardian Media Group, retrieved 18 June 2010
- "Italian Director New Head Of The Turin Film Fest", The Seattle Times, The Seattle Times Company, 10 December 2008, retrieved 18 June 2010
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|