|Born||16 January 1980/1981 (age 38–39)|
|Education||Bachelor of Commerce, Macquarie University|
|Employer||Triple J, Australian Broadcasting Corporation|
|Home town||Mudgee, NSW|
Tom Tilley (born 1981) is an Australian radio presenter who currently hosts daily news program Hack on Triple J. He has also appeared on TV, hosting Hack Live, a studio based discussion program on ABC2.
Interested in journalism from a young age, Tilley undertook work experience at a radio station and for a newspaper during high school, but was initially discouraged by relatives from pursuing it as a career due to the difficulties in finding work within the industry. He worked as an investment banker at Deutsche Bank for two years after graduating from university before choosing to change career paths. After travelling overseas and teaching himself video editing skills, Tilley decided that journalism was what he ultimately wanted to break into.
Tilley began working at the ABC in late 2005, undertaking secretarial work in its newsroom as a casual employee. He later moved into radio presenting, first during the late-night 'graveyard shift', and later as a talk-back presenter. In 2007, Tilley succeeded in landing a role as a reporter for daily Triple J news and current affairs radio program Hack, initially answering phone calls from listeners and working as an off location reporter from the Northern Territory. In 2011, he became host of the program, a role which he continues in today.
In 2014, Tilley hosted the first of a number of live studio-based debate and discussion forums broadcast on TV station ABC2. As of July 2017, Tilley has hosted nine of these specials, including five under the Hack Live brand.
Tilley has made several appearances in viral internet memes during his time at Triple J. In 2018 he featured prominently on posts from the viral Facebook page Triple J Memes For Tash Sultana Loving Teens.
Tilley grew up in Mudgee, NSW with his parents and three brothers. He attended Mudgee High School where he became school captain. Following high school, he moved to Newport, Sydney to complete a Bachelor of Commerce at Macquarie University. He now resides in Tamarama.
- Gardner, Jessica (4 November 2016). "Meet Triple J's Tom Tilley: you're sure to be hearing more from him in future". The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Cant, Ash (3 March 2017). "Tom Tilley – a voice for young people". Hatch @ Macleay. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Knox, David (1 April 2014). "Airdate: Dead Drunk: A Night in the Cross". TV Tonight. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- McPhee, Sarah (23 September 2016). "Triple J's Tilley on 'live, dangerous' TV". News.com.au. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Meade, Amanda (17 August 2017). "How Triple J's Hack presenter Tom Tilley became a far-right meme | The Weekly Beast". the Guardian. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Triple j Memes For Tash Sultana Loving Teens". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Watson, Elle (25 January 2015). "Tilley provides his top Triple J pick". Mudgee Guardian.
- Thompson, Jacqui (1 August 2013). "Mix Master: Tom Tilley". The Urban List. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Young, Kane (13 April 2017). "Tom will party Tilley drops". Hobart Mercury. p. 32.
- Winchester, Bree (15 December 2016). "Meet the Cosmopolitan Bachelor of the Year Canberra finalist". The Canberra Times. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Tom Tilley's profile on Triple J