Brevoort at the 2014 Special Edition NYC
Tom Brevoort (//) is an American comic book editor, known for his work for Marvel Comics, where he has overseen titles such as New Avengers, Civil War, and Fantastic Four. He became Executive Editor in 2007, and in January 2011 was promoted to Senior Vice President of Publishing. He holds both titles as of 2011.
Tom Brevoort began working for Marvel Comics as a college intern in 1989, Commenting on his rationale for taking a non-paying entry-level job, Brevoort recalls, "Well, obviously, to get a leg up on getting into the business." Brevoort went on to say, "In the illustration program I attended at the University of Delaware, senior students were required to get and serve an internship at some company or institution related to the field of illustration. In our initial freshman orientation, the head of the department mentioned that they had previously placed one student at Marvel Comics, so I figured that was where I would set my sights."
Brevoort worked his way up to an assistant editor and later an editor in his own right. From 2007, he held the title of Executive Editor with Marvel and was responsible for multiple series including New Avengers, Civil War, and Fantastic Four.
In July 2010, Brevoort and fellow Marvel editor Axel Alonso began a weekly column on Comic Book Resources called "Marvel T&A", a new installment of which appears every Friday, along with Joe Quesada's "Cup O' Joe" column.
On January 4, 2011, Brevoort was promoted to Senior Vice President of Publishing of Marvel Comics.
- Brian Bendis Crashes Tom Brevoort's Interview on Marvel LIVE! at San Diego Comic-Con 2015
- "Marvel Meet the Publishers event @ Midtown Comics", Comic Book Resources, April 14, 2011
- Itzkoff, Dave. "Modern Marvel", The New York Times, March 25, 2011
- Arrant, Chris. "Marvel Interns Turned Pros: Tom Brevoort, Nick Lowe, David Gallaher and others talk about how their Marvel internships helped them break into comics", Marvel Comics, January 19, 2011
- Quesada, Joe. "Introducing Marvel T&A!", Comic Book Resources, July 9, 2010
- Phegley, Kiel. "Alonso Named Marvel Editor-In-Chief", Comic Book Resources, January 4, 2011
- Moore, Matt. "Marvel Promotes Axel Alonso to Editor-in-Chief", ABC News, January 4, 2011
- "1997 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominees and Winners", Hahn Library, accessed January 5, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom Brevoort.|