|Created by||Yinka Ogun|
|Written by||Yinka Ogun |
|Directed by||Tope Oshin Ogun (2008 - 2013) |
Alex Mouth (2008 - 2010; 2012 - 2014)
Efe Aiyeteni (2008 - 2009 )
John Njamah (2008 - 2009 )
Victor Aghahowa (2010 - 2014 )
Ben Chiadika (2012 - )
George Sunom Kura (2012 - )
Tolu Ajayi (2009 - 2010)
|Starring||Victor Olaotan |
Abbbbiola Segun Williams
Samuel Abiola Robinson
|Country of origin||Nigeria|
|No. of seasons||13|
|No. of episodes||3017 as of 15 Feb 2021|
|Executive producer||Jaiye Ojo|
|Producers||Rogers Ofime |
Femi Odugbemi 
|Production locations||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original release||1 August 2008 –|
Tinsel is a Nigerian soap opera that began airing in August 2008. On May 23, 2013, the show's 1000th episode aired. It has been called "the most successful television drama on Nigerian television in recent times".
Tinsel's plot revolves around two rival film companies: Reel Studios, founded by Fred Ade-Williams (Victor Olaotan), and Odyssey Pictures, headed by Brenda "Nana" Mensah (Funmilola Aofiyebi-Raimi). Tinsel is a tale of drama, romance, betrayal and triumph. The show returned for its eighth season on the 25th of May, 2015. Tinsel is currently available for streaming on Demand Africa.
- Maltida Obaseki as Angela Dede
- Funlola Aofiyebi-Raimi as Brenda Nana Mensah (2009–Present)
- Ireti Doyle as Sheila Ade-Williams
- Linda Ejiofor as Bimpe
- Kalu Ikeagwu as Masters
- Anne Njemanze as Sankey
- Ashionye Michelle Raccah as Monica Ade-Williams
- Funmi Holder as Amaka Ade-Williams
- Tomi Odunsi as Salewa
- Yewande Lawal as Shoshanna
- Dozie Onyiriuka as Freddy
- Abiola Segun-Williams as Titi (2008–Present)
- Florence Uwaleke as Ene (2008–Present)
- Ike Okechukwu as Chuks Obi
- Charles Ujomu as Frank (2008–Present)
- Ibrahim Suleiman as Damini
- Jumoke Bello as Peju
- Ifeanyi William as Obiora
- Kunle Remi as Zane
- Tope Tedela
- Kolade Shasi as Gym Coach
- Yemisi Fancy as Helen
- Christina Okorojie as Yvonne
- Nancy Isime as Serena
- Mena Sodje as Pippa
- Cheng Fuller as Barrister Taylor
Tinsel was in pre-production for over ninety months. Over 500 actors were auditioned for the lead role of Fred Ade-Williams before the decision to cast Victor Olaotan was made. As of June 2013, the show's production cost per minute is 900 dollars, and total costs have exceeded four billion naira. The show was shot in a studio in Ojota, Lagos until March 2013 when a fire destroyed that location. Since then the show has been shot at a studio and a private residence in Ikeja, Lagos.
It airs on AM Urban and AM Family.
- "Tinsel: The journey so far". Vanguard. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Alonge, Osagie (3 June 2013). "NET SPECIAL REPORT: Tinsel gulps N4bn in four years". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Bada, Gbenga (July 2017). "Rogers Ofime: NANTAP honours Tinsel producer". PulseNG. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Balogun, Hazeez (May 2013). "Tinsel, a return to the golden age of TV drama". Daily Independent. Archived from the original on 11 October 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Arogundade, Funsho (24 May 2013). "M-Net's Tinsel Hits Episode 1,000". P.M. News. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Tinsel is Nigeria's best TV production —Victor Olaotan". Nigerian Tribune. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.