|Tijuana Mexico Temple|
|Dedicated||13 December 2015 by |
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
|Floor area||33,367 sq ft (3,100 m2)|
|Preceded by||Indianapolis Indiana Temple|
|Followed by||Provo City Center Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
The Tijuana Mexico Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Tijuana, México. Completed in 2015, the intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 2, 2010, during the church's semi-annual general conference. It is the thirteenth temple built in Mexico.
Temple site and development
The Tijuana Mexico Temple was constructed in southeastern Tijuana near Cerro Colorado.
A groundbreaking ceremony was held August 18, 2012, with Benjamin De Hoyos presiding and Jose L. Alonso directing. A public open house was held from 13–28 November 2015, excluding Sundays. The temple was formally dedicated by Dieter F. Uchtdorf on December 13, 2015. Clark B. Hinckley, son of former church president Gordon B. Hinckley, is serving as the temple's first president.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Mexico
- Taylor, Scott (October 2, 2010), "President Thomas S. Monson opens conference by announcing 5 new temples", Deseret News, retrieved 11 November 2012. Cite error: The named reference "Taylor 2010-10-02" was defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Se efectúa la palada inicial del Templo de Tijuana", Sala de Prensa: México (Noticia [News Release]), LDS Church, August 20, 2012, retrieved 2012-11-11 (in Spanish)
- "Late 2015 Opening for New Temples", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2015-03-13
- "Five New Temples Announced", News Release, LDS Church, October 2, 2010, retrieved 2012-11-11
- Dibble, Sandra (July 19, 2012), "Mormons plan to add new temple in Tijuana", U-T San Diego, retrieved 2012-11-11
- Comunidad mormona construirá templo ceremonial regional en Tijuana (in Spanish), Uniradio Informa, 10 August 2012, retrieved 2012-11-11
- Johnston, Jerry Earl (August 25, 2012), "Emblem to the community: Temple ground breaking in Tijuana, Mexico", Church News
- "Noticia [News Release]", Sala de Prensa: México [Newsroom: Mexico] (in Spanish), SUD [LDS Church], 20 August 2012, retrieved 2012-11-11
- "149th Temple in the World Is Dedicated in Tijuana, Mexico: 13th Mormon temple in Mexico", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2015-12-13
- "New temple presidents", Church News, April 3, 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tijuana Mexico Temple.|
- Tijuana Mexico Temple (official)
- Mormon Temples: Tijuana Mexico Temple at MormonTemples.org, "[a] Resource for Neighbors and Communities", LDS Church
- Tijuana México Temple at LDSChurchTemples.com
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|