|Thurgood Marshall High School|
1220 Buffalo Run
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Fort Bend Independent School District|
|Faculty||80.17 (on a FTE basis)|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
Marshall, serving grades 9 through 12, serves sections of Missouri City and a portion of the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Stafford, including sections of Fifth Street. A small portion of the City of Houston is in the school's boundary.
Marshall was named after Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American to serve in the Supreme Court of the United States. The mascot is the Buffalo Soldier represented by the Marshall Buffalo and the school colors are black and gold.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marshall opened on August 15, 2002 and was dedicated on October 13 of the same year.
Marshall is magnetized for its three career academies, Electronic Engineering (EE), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) (Discontinued), and Fire Science Technology. The EE Academy's FIRST Robotics team has received distinguished honors from FIRST in its six years of existence. In the Fall of 2009 they are proposed to open the first International Baccalaureate program in Fort Bend Independent School District.
The Air Force JROTC Unit at Thurgood Marshall High School earned the 2009-2010 Distinguished Unit Award.
During the 2009-2010 school year, Marshall was rated as a recognized school for the first time in school history.
The following elementary schools feed into Marshall:
- Hunters Glen
- E.A. Jones
The following middle schools feed into Marshall:
- Missouri City
- Antwon Blake (class of 2008): American football player in the NFL since 2012
- Aubrey Coleman (class of 2005): professional basketball player since 2010
- Knile Davis (class of 2009): American football player in the NFL since 2013
- DeAndré Washington (class of 2011): American football player in the NFL since 2016
- C. J. Webster (class of 2005): professional basketball player since 2010
- Kendall Sheffield (class of 2015): American football player for the Ohio State University
- "THURGOOD MARSHALL H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Thurgood Marshall H S". ed.gov. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Fort Bend ISD History". Fort Bend ISD. Archived from the original on April 4, 2011.
- LaRicci, Leen (August 8, 2002). "Marshall offers high-tech but doesn't forget history". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- "Willow Park Apartments." Houston Housing Authority. Retrieved on January 2, 2018. (despite the Missouri City address it is in the Houston city limits, as some places in Houston have other cities as postal address designators)
- Attendance Boundary Map of 2018-2019. Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on January 2, 2018.
- "Fort Bend ISD Feeders 2018-2019." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on January 2, 2018. Also see: "High School Zone Map 2016-2017."
- "Aubrey Coleman". Houston Cougars. Retrieved August 14, 2013.