Thump Records is a record label specialized in various genres of music. Founded by Bill Walker and Al Lopez for $10,000. In 1997 Bill Walker became its sole C.E.O. and President.
Thump's success was ignited by the popularity of its Old School and Low Rider compilation series (co-branded with Low Rider Magazine). Thump's Distributor is major label Universal, and Thump has also signed many artists under its own banner. Tierra gained hit The Intruders' 1967 song "Together", written by Gamble & Huff, which reached #18 on the Billboard Hot 100 from Boardwalk Records, and later Tierra joined Thump Records.
Artists on Thump Records
- List of record labels
- Chicano Rock
- Brown-eyed soul
- Gangsta Rap
- Urban Kings Music Group(Chicano label)
- Greg Dool. "TEN Publishing Is Shuttering 19 Car Magazines". Folio. Retrieved 22 March 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Official site Thump RecordsRetrieved 25 March 2021
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 580.
- KRLA survey for week ending November 28, 1980. http://www.las-solanas.com/arsa/surveys_item.php?sv=97834
- Radio & Records (November 14, 1980). "Parallel One Playlists". Surveys for both K-EARTH and KRLA have "Together" at number one.
- 94.7 The WAVE May 22, 2015 Tierra’s Rudy Salas Talks Music, Performing & More By Pat Prescott