|Studio album by|
|Studio||Wally Heider Studios, Funky Features, San Francisco|
|Producer||David Rubinson & Friends, Inc.; Associate Producer: Raul Matute|
|Cold Blood chronology|
The album caused controversy because of its violent cover art. The cover was cited in 1978 in a congressional committee on domestic violence. The inside of the album cover, in the fold out, is the same model stabbing a man in the back.
- "Baby I Love You" (Jerry Ragovoy)
- "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" (Stevie Wonder)
- "Feel So Bad" (James Johnson, Leslie Temple)
- "Sleeping" (Richard Manuel, Robbie Robertson)
- "Live Your Dream" (Max Haskett)
- "I'll Be Long Gone" (Boz Scaggs)
- "Kissing My Love" (Bill Withers)
- Lydia Pense: Vocals
- Michael Sasaki: Electric and Acoustic Guitars
- Raul Matute: Keyboards
- Max Haskett: Trumpet, Backing Vocals
- Skip Mesquite: Flute, Sax, Backing Vocals
- Peter Weller: Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Rod Ellicott: Bass
- Gaylord Birch: Drums, Percussion
- Mel Martin: Baritone and Tenor Sax, Flute
- Bill Atwood: Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Bob Ferreira: Tenor Sax, Flute
- Pat O'Hara: Trombone
- John Mewborn: Valve Trombone, Trumpet
- Benny Maupin: Tenor Sax, Bass Clarinet
- Mike Andress: Tenor Sax
- Rigby Powell: Trunpet
- Holly Tigard, Pointer Sisters: Backing Vocals
- Billboard - 1973 5 5 p62 "Pop album picks— titles deemed headed for a post among the first 100 places on the Top LP chart. .. COLD BLOOD, "
- Suzanne Lacy Leaving Art: Writings on Performance, Politics, and Publics, 2010 p76 "Record Companies Drag Their Feet, record album covers revealed the iconography of violence as entertainment: Thriller, In Cold Blood, Warner Bros. record album cover"
- Emilio Viano Spouse abuse 1978-p514 "Cover for Cold Blood's album “Thriller.” nd. Romance novel parody. Amaulted, robbed, molested, unconscious woman is labeled a "thriller." She has fallen in a seductive position, with her skirt lifted. Her make-up is “a little too dark,” implying ..."
- Research Into Violent Behavior: Overview and Sexual Assaults ... United States. Congress. House. Committee on Science and Technology. Subcommittee on Domestic and International Scientific Planning, Analysis, and Cooperation - 1978 "Yet it's selling an album. This one — there's a whole ... The inside of the album cover, after you buy it, is a woman stabbing a man in the back. Again, it's the same model, ... This one is called "Cold Blood" by Thriller. The woman has obviously ..."