Eastern side in June 2012
|Location||Station Street, Thomastown|
|Distance||19.07 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki Zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||23 December 1889|
Thomastown railway station is located on the Mernda line, in Victoria, Australia. It serves the north-eastern Melbourne suburb of Thomastown, and opened on 23 December 1889. A completely redeveloped Thomastown station was opened in late 2011.
Thomastown was originally served by country trains on the line to Whittlesea. Electrification and suburban trains were extended along 4.4 kilometres of single track to the station in 1929, paid for by a land developer, who paid for the works, and who also guaranteed against operating losses. From 1931, it was the terminus of the AEC railmotor service from Whittlesea, remaining so until electric suburban services were extended to Lalor in November 1959, and services beyond discontinued and the line closed.
Platforms & services
Dysons operates six routes via Thomastown station:
- 357: to Wollert West
- 554: to Thomastown station (Clockwise Loop via West Lalor)
- 555: Pacific Epping – Northland Shopping Centre
- 557: to Thomastown station (Anti Clockwise Loop via West Lalor)
- 559: to Thomastown station (Circular Route via Darebin Drive)
- 570: to RMIT Bundoora
- Thomastown Vicsig
- Jack McLean (November 1995). "Reservoir - Whittlesea: Signalling and Safeworking". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. pp. 333–337.
- SE Dornan & RG Henderson (1979). Electric Railways of Victoria. Australian Electric Traction Society. p. 84. ISBN 0-909459-06-1.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. April 1988. p. 123.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- Rail line boost already on track Herald Sun 28 November 2011
- South Morang Rail Alliance Archived 9 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine John Holland
- "Mernda Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "357 Wollert West - Thomastown Station via Epping Station". Public Transport Victoria.
- "554 Thomastown via West Lalor (clockwise loop)". Public Transport Victoria.
- "555 Epping - Northland via Lalor & Thomastown & Reservoir". Public Transport Victoria.
- "557 Thomastown via West Lalor (anti clockwise loop)". Public Transport Victoria.
- "559 Thomastown via Darebin Drive". Public Transport Victoria.
- "570 Thomastown - RMIT Bundoora". Public Transport Victoria.