Sale was educated at Marlborough and New College, Oxford and ordained in 1890. After a curacy in Rochdale he was Domestic Chaplain to the Bishop of Manchester. In 1897 he married Katharine Sophia Bradshaw: they had sons and two daughters. He held incumbencies at Leesfield, Crumpsall, Huddersfield and Blackburn before his appointment as Archdeacon.
- London Gazette
- The Ven. T. R. Sale. The Times (London, England), Thursday, 26 October 1939; pg. 10; Issue 48446.
- ECCLESIASTICAL INTELLIGENCE Liverpool Mercury (Liverpool, England), Monday, 22 December 1890; Issue 13403
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1929–30 p1132 London: Oxford University Press, 1929
- Births, Deaths, Marriages and Obituaries The Morning Post (London, England), Friday, 5 November 1897; Issue 39131
- 'SALE, Ven. Thomas Rawlinson', Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2016; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2014 ; online edn, April 2014 accessed 30 Aug 2017
- British history on-line
- Church appointments The Times (London, England), Tuesday, 25 March 1919; pg. 9; Issue 42057
|Church of England titles|
Arthur Frederic Clarke
| Archdeacon of Rochdale
Albert Fisher Gaskell
|This article about a Church of England archdeacon in the Province of York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|