|Thomas L. Kennedy Secondary School|
3100 Hurontario Street
|School type||High school|
|Motto||Lead, Inspire, Achieve|
|School board||Peel District School Board|
|Superintendent||Darren Van Hooydonk|
|Area trustee||Sue Lawton and John Marchant|
|Colour(s)||Garnet and White|
|Feeder schools||Briarwood Public School, Camilla Road Sr. Public School, Clifton Public School, Corsair Public School, Fairview Public School, Munden Park Public School, Silver Creek Public School, Thornwood Public School, The Valleys Sr. Public School|
|Public transit access||Cooksville GO Station, MiWay Bus #1, 2, 28, 91, 101, 103|
Thomas Laird Kennedy Secondary School, also known as T. L. Kennedy Secondary School, is a school located in Mississauga, Ontario which was erected in honour of Premier of Ontario Thomas Laird Kennedy. Kennedy had been a longtime resident of Streetsville (now part of Mississauga), where he was Master of the River Park Masonic Lodge. Thomas L. Kennedy Secondary School first opened its doors to approximately four hundred and fifty students in September 1953.
The premiere of T. L. Kennedy's Leadership Academy was in September 2013. Students apply for this program in grade 8. T.L. Kennedy began a new academic program in 2011 that allows students to obtain a "Specialist High Skills Major" in Business on their Ontario Secondary School diploma. The school has also started a "Specialist High Skills Major" in Technology from the beginning of the 2012 school year.
T.L. Kennedy has a music program including clubs such as the TLK Rock Band and the TLK Choir. Students from all grades participate in these clubs and perform at many school wide and community events.
|Bottom's Version||April 10–12, 2014|
|Writer's Block||April 2011|
|The Sultan's Tale||2009|
|The Twelve Labours of Don Quioxte||2008|
|Pirates in Neverland||2006|
|Departures and Arrivals||1993|
- The annual Terry Fox Run has been running since 1983 and as of March 2010, TLK students have cumulatively raised over $234,000.
- Nutrition Month 2014 was celebrated with "The Great Big Crunch", and contests.
- Day of Pink is celebrated annually
- Annual School Drama Production or M.A.A.D night (produced on alternating years)
- T.L. Kennedy has an annual Asian Heritage Month celebrations which include Asian guest speakers, Asian themed events, workshops and fundraisers.
- T. L. Kennedy Family Schools
- Briarwood Public School
- Camilla Road Sr. Public School
- Clifton Public School
- Corsair Public School
- Fairview Public School
- Munden Park Public School
- Silver Creek Public School
- Thornwood Public School
- The Valleys Sr. Public School
Notable students and alumni
- Khalid Hassan (Taekwondo fighter), Canadian Taekwondo National Team Member
- Gil Moore, Juno-winning Musician, Entrepreneur, and Educator
- Specialist High Skills Major
- program-helps-students-pick-career--Specialist High Skills Major, Julia Le,Sep 06, 2011, Mississauga.com
- Kougars Grab Third Title Gary McCarthy, May 19, 2010
- Golden on the Cricket Pitch Gary McCarthy, May 13, 2010, Mississauga.com
- Haiti Haiti Relief Concert, Photos by Lindsay Van Wetten, Snapsouthmississauga.com
- Bottom's Version - Theatre Production, April 2014, Snap South Mississauga
- Bottom's Version an original theatrical production, Family, Arts & Community, April 2014, Brampton Guardian
- Shakespeare's life spotlighted, Julia Le, March 30, 2011, Mississauga.com
- Fox shares family stories of Canadian hero, John Stewart, March 11, 2010, mississauga.com/
- The Great Big Crunch
- Day of Pink