|The Wolf of the Sila|
|Directed by||Duilio Coletti|
|Produced by||Dino De Laurentiis|
|Written by||Giuseppe Gironda |
|Starring||Silvana Mangano |
|Music by||Enzo Masetti |
|Edited by||Adriana Novelli|
|Distributed by||Lux Film|
The Wolf of the Sila (Italian: Il lupo della Sila) is a 1949 Italian drama film directed by Duilio Coletti and starring Silvana Mangano, Amedeo Nazzari and Vittorio Gassman. Much of the film was shot on location around La Sila in Calabria.
After the death of her brother at the hands of the police, a young woman takes her revenge on the two men she believes to have been responsible.
- Silvana Mangano as Rosaria Campolo
- Amedeo Nazzari as Rocco Barra
- Vittorio Gassman as Pietro Campolo
- Jacques Sernas as Salvatore Barra
- Luisa Rossi as Orsola Barra
- Olga Solbelli as La madre di Rosaria
- Dante Maggio as Gennaro
- Michele Capezzuoli as Salvatore da bambino
- Laura Cortese as Rosaria da bambina
- Attilio Dottesio as Un contadino
- Rudy Randi as Contadino
- Forgacs & Gundle p.166
- Forgacs, David & Gundle, Stephen. Mass Culture and Italian Society from Fascism to the Cold War. Indiana University Press, 2007.