|The Way We Walk, Volume Two: The Longs|
|Live album by|
|Released||11 January 1993|
|Recorded||10 and 13 July 1992|
|Producer||Nick Davis, Robert Colby and Genesis|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Live ��� The Way We Walk, Volume Two: The Longs is the fifth live album by British band Genesis and was released in 1993, having been recorded during their 1992 tour for We Can't Dance. The album's title refers to a lyric in two songs, "I Can't Dance" on the previous volume and "I Know What I Like" on this one.
While its companion piece, the preceding The Way We Walk, Volume One: The Shorts contained the band's recent pop hits, The Way We Walk, Volume Two: The Longs focused on the longer songs performed during this period. For the 1992 tour, Genesis performed a "new" medley of their old songs—"Dance on a Volcano/The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway/The Musical Box/Firth of Fifth/I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)"—which replaced the "In the Cage" medley. The "Old Medley" appeared on both this album and the DVD of the Earls Court concert.
The Way We Walk, Volume Two: The Longs reached No.1 in the UK where it remained in the charts for 9 weeks, and No.20 in the U.S. It remains the band's last No.1 album.
|No.||Title||Recording date and location||Length|
|1.||"Old Medley"||10 July 1992 at Niedersachsenstadion, Hanover, Germany||19:32|
|2.||"Driving the Last Spike"||13 July 1992 at Niedersachsenstadion, Hanover, Germany||10:18|
||10 July 1992||11:21|
|4.||"Fading Lights"||13 July 1992||10:55|
|5.||"Home by the Sea"/"Second Home by the Sea"||10 July 1992||12:14|
|6.||"Drum Duet"||10 July 1992||6:06|
- Phil Collins – lead vocals, drums, percussion
- Tony Banks – keyboards, vocals, background vocals
- Mike Rutherford – guitars, bass, background vocals
- Additional musicians
- Orens, Geoff. "Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 (The Longs) – Genesis | AllMusic". allmusic.com.
- Wyman, Bill (12 February 1993). "Genesis Live: The Way We Walk Volume Two: The Longs Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Nathan Brackett; Christian David Hoard (2004). The new Rolling Stone album guide. New York: Simon & Schuster. pp. 327–328. ISBN 978-0-7432-0169-8.
rolling stone genesis album guide.