|The Way Life Goes|
|Studio album by|
|Released||30 April 2013|
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock|
|Producer||Chuck Turner, Tom Keifer, Savannah Keifer|
|Tom Keifer chronology|
Tom Keifer had been working on The Way Life Goes since 2003. It was released on 30 April 2013 through Merovee Records, part of Warner Music Group's Independent Label Group. This is the first new studio material from Keifer or Cinderella since Still Climbing in 1994.
"The Flower Song" was the album's lead single, released for radio airplay on 4 February 2013. "Solid Ground" followed on 11 March.
|Hard Rock Hideout|||
The Way Life Goes has received mostly positive critical reviews since its release.
Allmusic gave the album a possible four stars out of five, with reviewer Stephen Erlewine saying, "This is who he is: a man slightly out of time and a musician who's gotten better at his craft over the years, winding up with the best record he's ever made". Writer William Clark of Music Enthusiast Magazine wrote "Although us fans have had to wait nearly twenty years to hear some new material from the renowned musician, when those first few racing guitar licks to “Welcome To My Mind” come cranking out of your speakers, you instantly know this album was more than worth the wait".
Metal Forces calls the album "an impressive piece of work that is multi-layered and jam-packed full of emotion with not a duff tune to be found", while Hard Rock Hideout described the album as having "fantastic song writing, and outstanding playing fill The Way Life Goes and Tom Keifer's voice has never sounded better!".
All songs written by Tom Keifer; co-writers are noted.
|1.||"Solid Ground"||Savannah Keifer|
|2.||"A Different Light"||S.Keifer|
|3.||"It's Not Enough"||S.Keifer, Kent Agee|
|4.||"Cold Day In Hell"||Jim Peterik|
|5.||"Thick And Thin"|
|6.||"Ask Me Yesterday"||S.Keifer, J.Peterik|
|8.||"The Flower Song"||J.Peterik|
|10.||"Welcome To My Mind"||S.Keifer, Blair Daly|
|11.||"You Showed Me"|
|12.||"Ain't That A Bitch"||S.Keifer, Conley White|
|13.||"The Way Life Goes"|
|14.||"Babylon"||S.Keifer, Doug Gordon|
- "Nobody's Fool - Duet Version (with Lzzy Hale)
- "With a Little Help from My Friends
- "Nobody's Fool - Piano Version
- Tom Keifer - vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, keyboard
- Greg Morrow - drums, percussion
- Michael Rhodes - bass guitar
- Tony Harrell - piano, B3 organ, Wurlitzer, Clavinet
- Jeff LaBar - guitar (9)
- Pat Buchanan - guitar and harmonica (4,6,8,11,13)
- Gary Burnette - guitar (11)
- Ron Wallace - acoustic guitar (6)
- Etta Britt - background vocals (1,4,6,8,13)
- Crystal Taliaferro - background vocals (1,4)
- Savannah Keifer - background vocals (2,3,6,9,10)
- Vicky Carraco - background vocals (4,6,8,13)
- Chuck Turner - background vocals (9)
- Jim Horne - saxophone (4)
- Tom Keifer, Savannah Keifer, Chuck Turner - producing, recording, engineering, and mixing
- Erlewine, Stephen (2013). "The Way Life Goes - Tom Keifer". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Rockitt, Rob (8 May 2013). "Tom Keifer – The Way Life Goes (2013)". Hard Rock Hideout.
- Arnold, Neil. "Tom Keifer - The Way Life Goes". Metal Forces. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Tom Keifer". billboard. Retrieved 11 August 2019.