|The Time, the Place and the Girl|
theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Howard Bretherton|
|Written by||Robert Lord|
De Leon Anthony (titles)
|Based on||The Time, the Place, and the Girl|
by Frank R. Adams
William M. Hough
Joseph E. Howard
|Music by||Alois Reiser|
|Edited by||Jack Killifer|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
The Time, the Place and the Girl is a 1929 American black-and-white musical film directed by Howard Bretherton and starring Grant Withers and Betty Compson. It is based on the 1907 musical play of the same name. It is not related to the 1946 musical film of The Time, the Place and the Girl.
- Grant Withers as Jim Crane
- Betty Compson as Doris Ward
- Gertrude Olmstead as Mae Ellis
- James Kirkwood, Sr. as The Professor
- Vivien Oakland as Mrs. Davis
- Gretchen Hartman as Mrs. Winters
- Irene Haisman as Mrs. Parks
- John Davidson as Pete Ward
- Gerald King as Radio announcer
- Bert Roach as Bert Holmes
- "I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now"
- Written by Joseph E. Howard and Harold Orlob
- Lyrics by William M. Hough and Frank R. Adams
- Written by Moe Jaffe and Nat Bonx
- "Doin' the Raccoon"
- Written by Raymond Klages, J. Fred Coots and Herb Magidson
- Written by Robert King and Jack Glogau
- "Jack and Jill"
- Written Larry Spier and Sam Coslow
- "How Many Times"
- Written by Irving Berlin
- "Everything I Do I Do For You"
- Written by Al Sherman
- "If You Could Care"
- Written by E. Ray Goetz, Arthur Wimperis and Herman Darewski
- The Broadway League. "The Time, the Place and the Girl â€" Broadway Musical â€" Original". IBDB. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- "Lost Film Files - Warner". www.silentsaregolden.com.
- "filmbrary.html". March 22, 2016. Archived from the original on March 22, 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- The Time, the Place and the Girl on IMDb
- The Time, the Place and the Girl at the TCM Movie Database
- The Time, the Place and the Girl at the Internet Broadway Database
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|