|The Stranger Returns|
US film poster
|Directed by||Vance Lewis|
|Produced by||Allen Klein|
|Screenplay by||Roberto Infascelli|
(as Bob Enescelle Jr.)
|Story by||Tony Anthony|
|Music by||Stelvio Cipriani|
|Edited by||Renzo Lucidi|
Compagnia Generale Cinematografica
Reverse Producers Corp.
|Distributed by||Generalcine (Italy)|
|17 August 1967 (Italy)|
August 1968 (US)
The Stranger Returns (Italian: Un uomo, un cavallo, una pistola, lit. "A man, a horse, a gun") also known as Shoot First... Laugh Last!, is a 1967 Italian-German-American Spaghetti Western film directed by Luigi Vanzi. It is a sequel to A Stranger in Town.
- Tony Anthony - The Stranger
- Dan Vadis - En Plein
- Daniele Vargas - Good Jim
- Marco Guglielmi - The Preacher
- Jill Banner - Caroline
- Marina Berti - Ethel
- Raf Baldassarre - Chrysler
- Mario Novelli (as Anthony Freeman): Austin
- Renato Mambor: Alvarez
- Ettore Manni: Lieutenant George Stafford
- Mario Dionisi: El Plein Henchman
- Fred Coplan: El Plein Henchman
Paul Mavis, of DVDTalk, reviewing the Warner Archive Collection 2015 DVD release of The Stranger Collection, wrote, "While they're not in the league of Leone (what is?), Anthony's grimy, sneaky little punk killer is an intriguing addition to the genre. Tony Anthony did some very interesting things with the spaghetti Western genre, including, perhaps, presaging the Trinity movies, while certainly "inventing" the West-meets-East subgenre."
- Marco Giusti. Dizionario del western all'italiana. Mondadori, 2007. pp. 157–158. ISBN 88-04-57277-9.
- Paul Mavis (May 6, 2015). "The Stranger Trilogy (Warner Archive Collection: A Stranger in Town, The Stranger Returns, The Silent Stranger)". DVDTalk. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1960s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|