|The Right Kind of Wrong|
|Directed by||Jeremiah S. Chechik|
|Produced by||Robert Lantos|
|Written by||Megan Martin|
|Music by||Rachel Portman|
|Distributed by||Magnolia Pictures|
The Right Kind of Wrong is a 2013 Canadian romantic comedy film directed by Jeremiah S. Chechik, based on the 1987 novel Sex and Sunsets by Tim Sandlin. Its premiere was in the Gala Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
Leo, a failed writer and recent divorcee, now works as a dishwasher in the restaurant of his friend, Mandeep. His former wife, Julie, has written a blog about Leo entitled "Why You Suck", which has gone on to be published and become a top selling book. Leo also suffers from a crippling fear of heights.
Leo falls in love with Colette when he first sees her about to enter the church on her wedding day. He decides to win her heart, pursuing her despite scorn from his friends and from Colette's new husband, Danny.
- Ryan Kwanten as Leo Palamino
- Sara Canning as Colette Hart
- Catherine O'Hara as Tess, Colette's mother
- Will Sasso as Neil
- Kristen Hager as Julie Deere, Leo's ex-wife
- Ryan McPartlin as Danny Hart, Colette's husband
- James A. Woods as Troy Cooper
- Barb Mitchell as Angie
- Jennifer Baxter as Jill
- Raoul Bhaneja as Mandeep
- Anna Quick as Chrissy
The film received a limited release in theatres in March 2014, earning box office of $2,098.
The review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 12% approval rating with an average rating of 3.4/10 based on 17 reviews. Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 30 out of 100 based on 6 reviews, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
- "The Right Kind of Wrong". TIFF. Archived from the original on 2 August 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Right Kind of Wrong". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 4 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Right Kind of Wrong (2014)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 4 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Right Kind of Wrong (2014)". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)