The Rebel (French: Le rebelle) is a 1931 French drama film directed by Adelqui Migliar and starring Suzy Vernon, Thomy Bourdelle and Paule Andral. The film is based on the play The General (Hungarian:A tábornok) by Lajos Zilahy.
The film is the French-language version of The Virtuous Sin (1930).
- Suzy Vernon - Maria Ivanovna
- Thomy Bourdelle - General Platoff
- Paule Andral - Alexandra
- Pierre Batcheff - Lt. Boris Sabline
- Henry Prestat - Un jeune Général
- Frédéric Mariotti - L'ordonnance
- André Rehan - Spoliansky
- Jeanne Brazine - La Chanreuse
- Georges La Cressonnière - Le lieutenant Glinka
- Powrie & Rebillard p.177
- Powrie, Phil & Rebillard, Éric. Pierre Batcheff and stardom in 1920s French cinema. Edinburgh University Press, 2009
|This article related to a French film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|