The Platt Building (left) and the Orpheum Building (right) on South Broadway in Los Angeles
|Alternative names||Anjac Fashion Building|
|Architectural style||Gothic Revival|
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Address||834 South Broadway|
|Material||Concrete and steel with terra cotta facade|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Walker & Eisen|
The Platt Building is a 1927 highrise at 834 South Broadway in Downtown Los Angeles. The Gothic Revival design was by architects Walker & Eisen. The firm also designed The Beverly Wilshire Hotel on Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills.
The Platt Building is one of the Anjac Fashion Buildings, and the National Register of Historic Places nomination form for the Broadway Theater and Commercial District uses this name to designate the building. Anjac is a portmanteau of the names Annette and Jack Needleman, real estate owners who in 1964 began buying properties in the Fashion District and surrounding area.
- You-Are-Here.com: The Platt Building
- Doryoku - The Platt Building
- "Broadway Theater and Commercial District nomination form". May 9, 1979. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "Anjac Fashion Buildings". Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Media related to Platt Building (Los Angeles) at Wikimedia Commons