|Directed by||Rod Lurie|
|Produced by||Jeffrey Greenstein|
Paul Michael Merryman
|Screenplay by||Eric Johnson|
|Based on||The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor|
by Jake Tapper
Caleb Landry Jones
|Music by||Larry Groupé|
|Edited by||Michael J. Duthie|
|Distributed by||Millennium Media|
The Outpost is an upcoming 2019 war drama film directed by Rod Lurie, based on a 2012 novel The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor by Jake Tapper. It stars Orlando Bloom, Scott Eastwood, Caleb Landry Jones, Milo Gibson, Jack Kesy and Will Attenborough. The film will be released in late 2019.
The film tells the story of the 53 U.S. soldiers who battled a force of some 400 enemy insurgents in north-eastern Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. Originally built to engage the locals in community development projects, Combat Outpost Keating — located at the bottom of three steep mountains just 14 miles from the Pakistani border — faced a constant threat of being attacked by the Taliban, putting the U.S. soldiers stationed there at significant risk. When the brass finally chose to close the base, the Taliban enemy found out and decided to make a statement.
- Orlando Bloom as 1st Lieutenant Benjamin D. Keating
- Scott Eastwood as Staff Sergeant Clint Romesha
- Caleb Landry Jones as Specialist Ty Michael Carter
- Milo Gibson as Captain Robert Yllescas
- Jack Kesy as Sgt. Josh Kirk
- Will Attenborough as Ed Faulkner
- Taylor John Smith
- Cory Hardrict as Sgt. Vernon Martin
- Celina Sinden as Cpt. Katie Kopp
- Trey Tucker  as Captain Stoney Portis
- James Jagger as Chris Jones
- Alfie Stewart as Pfc. Zorias Yunger
- Marin Rangelov as Nasir
The film began production in August 2018, along with the announce of the project, the casting of Eastwood and Bloom was announced in May 2018. In August 2018, Milo Gibson was announced to join the cast. In November 2018, Trey Tucker was announced to join the cast.
- Ty Carter
- Clinton Romesha
- Battle of Kamdesh
- Combat Outpost Keating
- List of post-Vietnam War Medal of Honor recipients
- List of living Medal of Honor recipients
- "Milo Gibson Inks With Alchemy For Management, Boards Rod Lurie's 'The Outpost'". August 17, 2018.
- "Newcomer Trey Tucker Joins Scott Eastwood, Orlando Bloom in 'Outpost' (Exclusive)". November 9, 2018.
- "Jake Tapper's 'Outpost' Film Enlists Scott Eastwood, Orlando Bloom to Star (Exclusive)". May 3, 2018.
- "Scott Eastwood and Orlando Bloom head to war in The Outpost". May 5, 2018.