|The Opposite Sex|
|Directed by||Jennifer Finnigan|
|Written by||Mark Mussina|
|Edited by||Keith Croket|
The Opposite Sex, also known under the working title of A Bet's A Bet, is a 2014 small-budget indie film that was directed by Jennifer Finnigan and Jonathan Silverman, and is their co-directorial debut. It was released to Blu-ray on 22 October 2014 in Sweden and Finland and received a United States release on 21 May 2015. The film was also released to theaters overseas as Poskromić Playboya. The film stars Kristin Chenoweth, Mena Suvari, Eric Roberts, Jennifer Finnigan, and Geoff Stults.
Vince (Geoff Stults) is a successful, driven divorce attorney who is a notorious womanizer, having affairs with his clients. He is intrigued, however, when he meets the competitive Jane (Mena Suvari), a young divorcee who resents men. The two agree to a series of bets where the winner decides the fate of the loser. Neither expects to fall in love.
- Geoff Stults as Vince
- Mena Suvari as Jane
- Kristin Chenoweth as Mrs. Kemp
- Josh Hopkins as Kenny
- Jennifer Finnigan as Stephanie
- Josh Cooke as Kendrick
- Eric Roberts as Mr. Campbell
- Dana Ashbrook as Gary
- Debra Jo Rupp as Tracy
- Jonathan Silverman as Tom
- Kenan Thompson as Mitch
- Julie Ann Dawson as Hot Club Girl
- Amy Rutberg as Regina
- Jackie Moore as Madison
- Joey Fatone as Emcee
- Maria Kanellis as Hot Mess
StarPulse rated the film favorably, writing "Light, fluffy, but also very witty in its writing, "A Bet’s A Bet" is harmless enjoyable fun fare." Interia Film heavily criticized the film, as they felt that there was no chemistry between its lead stars and that the film's comedy was outdated.
- Stender, Joseph. "Pa. Man Has Script Transformed Into Movie". NBC. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Frederick, Brittany. "Jennifer Finnigan And Jonathan Silverman Make Co-Directorial Debut With 'A Bet's A Bet'". StarPulse. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Solis, Jorge. "Jennifer Finnigan, Jonathan Silverman Talk 'A Bet's A Bet,' Directing Mena Suvari, Geoff Stults! [MStars News Exclusive]". Mstarz. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Block, Alex Ben. "'Opposite Sex' to Mark First Release Under New Cinedigm-VMI Deal". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Coleman, Jason. "DVD Review: 'A Bet's A Bet'". StarPulse. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- ""Poskromić playboya" [recenzja]: Jedz, śpij i kochaj (się)". Interia Film. Retrieved 23 September 2015.