|Publisher||Vintage Press Limited|
|Founded||31 July 2006|
|Headquarters||Mushin, Lagos State, Nigeria|
The Nation is a daily newspaper published in Lagos, Nigeria. According to a 2009 survey it was the second-most-read newspaper in Nigeria, and this result was repeated in a 2011 report by The Advertisers' Association of Nigeria (ADVANS).
The paper's website says it stands for freedom, justice and the market economy. Its target audience is the business and political elite, the affluent, the educated and the upwardly mobile.
The newspaper covers business and economy, public policies, the democratic process and institutions of democracy, sports, arts and culture.
The newspaper became the first of its kind to gain nationwide circulation across the 36 states of Nigeria within two years of operation. This was a result of its popular eight-page pull-out Thursday publication titled Campuslife, a medium specially dedicated to student journalists and writers across the tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The Campuslife pull-out, with the late Ngozi Agbo (née Nwozor) as pioneer editor, helped the newspaper to become a household name across Nigeria, and several student journalists and correspondents whom the paper gave the opportunity to write for it as undergraduates are now renowned in their various professions.
- Managing Director/Editor-in-chief - Victor Ifijeh
- Editor - Adeniyi Adesina
- Deputy Editor - Emmanuel Oladesu
- Chairman, Editorial Board - Sam Omatseye
- Editor, Online - Sunday Oguntola
- Managing Editor, Northern Operation - Yusuf Alli
- Deputy Editor (News) - Bunmi Ogunmodede
- Deputy Editor (Nation's Capital) - Onyedi Ojeabor
- "Adeniyi Adesina, The Nation confirms Class as editor wins award - The Nation, Nigeria".
- Hollingsworth, Mark; Kemedi, Von (2015). Against The Odds. Troubador Publishing Ltd. p. 164. ISBN 9781784621339. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "About Us". The Nation. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "The Nation Newspaper". Nigerian Newspaper.com. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "World-Newspapers > Africa > Nigeria". World Newspapers. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Ojo, Gbenga (28 May 2015). "Ngozi Agbo: The unforgettable impact - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation, Nigeria. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Nigeria: 3 journalists killed in weekend violence". China Daily. 2010-04-27. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "Names of Editors at the Nation Newspaper" (VOL.13, NO.4407). Vintage Press Limited. NATION NEWSPAPER. 2018-08-23. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
|This Nigerian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|