|The Making of Maddalena|
|Directed by||Frank Lloyd|
|Produced by||Oliver Morosco|
|Screenplay by||L. V. Jefferson|
|Based on||The Making of Maddalena; or, The Compromise|
by Samuel Service and Mary Service
|Cinematography||James Van Trees|
Oliver Morosco Photoplay Company
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
The Making of Maddalena is a 1916 American silent drama film directed by Frank Lloyd and written by L. V. Jefferson based upon a play by Samuel Service and Mary Service. The film stars Edna Goodrich, Forrest Stanley, Howard Davies, John Burton, Mary Mersch, and Colin Chase. The film was released on June 8, 1916, by Paramount Pictures. It is preserved in the Library of Congress collection.
The story was described in advertising as the story of a beautiful Italian model's romance with a young American.
- Edna Goodrich as Maddalena
- Forrest Stanley as George Hale
- Howard Davies as Angelo
- John Burton as Randolph Hale
- Mary Mersch as Blanche Belgrave
- Colin Chase as Augustus Foster
- Juan de la Cruz as Signor Benedetto Pastorelli
- Laura La Varnie as Marie
- Katherine Griffith as Mrs. Wright
- Mary Bunting as Mrs. Hale
- Violet White
- Walter S. Fredericks
- "The Making of Maddalena (1916) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Making-of-Maddalena - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collection and The United Artists Collection at The Library of Congress, p.110 c.1978 by The American Film Institute
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: The Making of Maddalena
- "The Making of Maddalena (advertisement)". Honolulu Star-Bulletin. Oahu, Hawaii. 11 November 1916. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Making of Maddalena.|
- The Making of Maddalena at IMDb
- synopsis at AllMovie
- Progressive Silent Film List: The Making of Maddalena at silentera.com