|LC Class||GV1032.A1 T745 2006|
The Lost Generation: The Brilliant but Tragic Lives of Rising British F1 Stars Roger Williamson, Tony Brise and Tom Pryce (ISBN 1-844-25205-1) is a book written by David Tremayne. The book is biography of three British Formula One drivers: Tony Brise, Tom Pryce and Roger Williamson, who all died after a short period in Formula One.
With access to the drivers' families, friends and colleagues, Tremayne tells the full story of all three drivers. The book is 264 pages long and published by Haynes Group in August 2006.
Simon Arron, writing in The Daily Telegraph describes the book as "thoroughly researched and beautifully written by an author who fully appreciates his subjects' worth" Andrew Baker writing for the same paper also praises the book, commenting that the Tremayne is "well placed to draw sympathetic portraits of the trio" and that "motor racing fans will find it heart-warming and moving by turn." Keith Collantine reviewed the book for Auto Trader, and commented that Tremayne "has done justice to a very awkward subject matter" awarding the book a score of 8 out of 10.
Joe Saward on GrandPrix.com said that "David Tremayne has done a wonderful job to bring the characters to life." On the automotive website CarKeys.co.uk, David Finlay praises the author for his "simple, undramatic way" of writing making the book "all the more moving as a result" and sums it up as "an even-handed and worthy monument to three men who are now almost forgotten."
- Arron, Simon (2006-10-28). "The gear box: pressure gauges, F1 racing game and The Lost Generation". Telegraph.co.uk. Telegraph Media Group Ltd.
- Baker, Andrew (2007-01-07). "Sportsbooks: Get the motor running". Telegraph.co.uk. Telegraph Media Group Ltd.
- Collantine, Keith (2006-10-11). "Auto Books: The Lost Generation". Auto Trader. Trader Media Group.
- Saward, Joe (2006-12-10). "Book Review: The Lost Generation". GrandPrix.com. Inside F1, Inc.
- Finlay, David (2006-10-23). "The Lost Generation". CarKeys. PDROnline. Archived from the original on 2008-01-08.
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book on sportspeople is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Formula One–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|