|The Lone Rider in Ghost Town|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
|Produced by||Sigmund Neufeld|
|Screenplay by||Joseph O'Donnell|
Al St. John
|Edited by||Holbrook N. Todd|
Sigmund Neufeld Productions
|Distributed by||Producers Releasing Corporation|
The Lone Rider in Ghost Town is a 1941 American Western film directed by Sam Newfield and written by Joseph O'Donnell. The film stars George Houston as the Lone Rider and Al St. John as his sidekick "Fuzzy" Jones, with Rebel Randall, Budd Buster, Frank Hagney and Stephen Chase. The film was released on May 16, 1941, by Producers Releasing Corporation.
Houston, once an opera singer, sang four songs in this film: "Old Cactus Joe", "In Old Spring Valley", "Sweet Suzanna" and "Under Prairie Skies". The songs were written by Johnny Lange and Lew Porter. This film was later released on DVD as Ghost Mine.
Tom Cameron, also known as the Lone Rider, and his sidekick, Fuzzy Jones, are called in to investigate if a ghost town actually has real ghosts haunting it. It turns out the truth is the "ghosts" are really the hideout for a gang of outlaws who fake the "ghosts" to keep people away.
- George Houston as Tom Cameron, the Lone Rider
- Al St. John as Fuzzy Jones
- Rebel Randall as Helen Clark
- Budd Buster as Moosehide Larson
- Frank Hagney as O'Shea
- Stephen Chase as Bob Sinclair
- Reed Howes as Jim Gordon
- Charles King as Roberts
- George Chesebro as Jed
- Edward Peil Sr. as Dennis Clark
- Arch Hall Sr. as Roper
The "Lone Rider" films starring George Houston:
- The Lone Rider Rides On (1941)
- The Lone Rider Crosses the Rio (1941)
- The Lone Rider in Ghost Town (1941)
- The Lone Rider in Frontier Fury (1941)
- The Lone Rider Ambushed (1941)
- The Lone Rider Fights Back (1941)
- The Lone Rider and the Bandit (1942)
- The Lone Rider in Cheyenne (1942)
- The Lone Rider in Texas Justice (1942)
- Border Roundup (1942)
- Outlaws of Boulder Pass (1942)
starring Robert Livingston:
- Overland Stagecoach (1942)
- Wild Horse Rustlers (1943)
- Death Rides the Plains (1943)
- Wolves of the Range (1943)
- Law of the Saddle (1943)
- Raiders of Red Gap (1943)
- "The Lone Rider in Ghost Town (1941) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- Hal Erickson. "Ghost Mine (1941) - Sam Newfield". AllMovie. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "The Lone Rider in Ghost Town". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2019-12-26.
- "The Lone Rider in Ghost Town (1941) DVD-R - Loving The Classics". www.lovingtheclassics.com. Retrieved 2020-01-05.
- The Lone Rider in Ghost Town (1941), retrieved 2020-01-05