|Directed by||Robert Wiene|
|Written by||Ferenc Molnár (play) |
|Starring||Alfred Abel |
|Distributed by||Phoebus Film (Germany)|
The Guardsman (German: Der Gardeoffizier) is a 1925 Austrian silent comedy film directed by Robert Wiene and starring Alfred Abel, María Corda and Anton Edthofer. An actor, jealous of his wife's suspected infidelity, disguises himself as an officer of the royal guard and begins courting her to try to catch her out. It was based on the play Testőr by Ferenc Molnár and in 1931 remade as a movie by Sidney Franklin.
- Alfred Abel - Schauspieler
- María Corda - Schauspielerin
- Anton Edthofer - Kritiker
- Karl Forest - Garderobier
- Alice Hetsey - Mama
- Biela Friedell
- Alma Hasta
- Jung & Schatzberg p.120-121
- Jung, Uli & Schatzberg, Walter. Beyond Caligari: The Films of Robert Wiene. Berghahn Books, 1999.
|This article related to an Austrian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|