This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Glory of Gershwin|
|Studio album by |
Larry Adler and others
The Glory of Gershwin is a 1994 tribute album by various singers and performers, Adler's lifelong friends, in celebration of American musician Larry Adler's 80th birthday. Adler himself plays the harmonica on each of the songs, all of which are written by George and Ira Gershwin, except where indicated.
|1.||"Summertime (DuBose Heyward)"||Peter Gabriel||3:50|
|2.||"Do What You Do"||Chris de Burgh||3:36|
|3.||"Nice Work If You Can Get It"||Sting||3:02|
|4.||"They Can't Take That Away from Me"||Lisa Stansfield||3:17|
|5.||"Someone to Watch Over Me" / "Love Is Here to Stay"||Elton John||6:41|
|6.||"I've Got a Crush on You"||Carly Simon||3:36|
|7.||"But Not for Me"||Elvis Costello||5:04|
|8.||"It Ain't Necessarily So"||Cher ft. Mark Knopfler||4:12|
|9.||"The Man I Love"||Kate Bush||3:20|
|10.||"How Long Has This Been Going On?"||Jon Bon Jovi ft. Richie Sambora||5:07|
|11.||"Embraceable You"||Oleta Adams||3:55|
|12.||"Bidin' My Time"||Willard White||3:31|
|13.||"My Man's Gone Now (DuBose Heyward)"||Sinéad O'Connor||3:38|
|14.||"I Got Rhythm"||Robert Palmer||3:55|
|15.||"Somebody Loves Me"||Meat Loaf||4:15|
|16.||"I'll Build A Stairway To Paradise"||Issy Van Randwyck||4:33|
|17.||"Summertime (DuBose Heyward)"||Courtney Pine||4:01|
|18.||"Rhapsody in Blue (Instrumental)"||Larry Adler & George Martin||8:28|
- The US version does not include the tracks by Chris de Burgh and Willard White. Also, Mark Knopfler is not listed as a featured performer on Cher's track.
Charts and certifications
|UK Albums Chart||2|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||100,000^|
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine. "The Glory of Gershwin - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "kate-bush - full Official Chart History - Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "the glory of gershwin - full Official Chart History - Official Charts Company". Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "British album certifications – LARRY ADLER/VARIOUS – The Glory of Gershwin". British Phonographic Industry. August 1, 1994. Retrieved June 16, 2017. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type The Glory of Gershwin in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
|This 1990s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|