This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou|
Exterior view of The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou
|Location||368 Huanshi Dong Lu, Guangzhou, China|
|Opening||August 28, 1985|
|Owner||Guangzhou Lingnan International Enterprise Group Co., Ltd.|
|Management||Guangzhou Lingnan International Enterprise Group Co., Ltd.|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Guangzhou Pearl River Foreign Investment & Construction Company|
|Number of rooms||828|
|Number of suites||42|
The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou (a member of Lingnan Group) located in the heart of Guangzhou’s business district, is the first and only "Platinum 5-Star Hotel" in Guangzhou and the Headquarters Hotel of The 16th Asian Games.
The Garden Hotel comprises two buildings of Hotel Tower and Garden Tower and occupies a site area of 48,000 sq.m, a construction area of 180,000 sq.m and a total garden area of 21,000 sq.m. Kapok, the city flower of Guangzhou is also the logo of the Hotel.
The Garden Hotel has 828 guest rooms, 800 apartments and offices as well as 10 restaurants and bars, 10 function rooms and a Convention Hall which can cater up to 1,200 persons for meetings or 85 banquet tables. The Health Club and spa are located in the Roof Garden on the 4th Floor. The recreational facilities of the Hotel include an outdoor swimming pool, gym, steam & sauna room, tennis and squash courts. The Hotel also provides guests with a business centre, shopping arcade, parking lots, banks, post office and ticketing centre.
The hotel lobby is adorned with cultural and artistic features of both Chinese and Western styles. There is a gold-foil marble mural named “Dream of the Red Chamber”. In addition, there are other features in the lobby including the ancient palace style plafond decor in the middle of the lobby ceiling; a white marble mural depicts the social custom of the Lingnan culture and black lacquer pictures.
Featured with Lingnan garden characteristics, the Hotel’s back garden with an area of 10,000 sq.m is known as the “oasis in the city hub”. It features waterfall, rockery, fresco and pavilion.
|2008-12-30||The Garden Hotel became the Headquarters Hotel of The 16th Guangzhou Asian Games.|
|2007-06-18||The Garden Hotel was awarded the title of “Platinum Five-Star Hotel” by the China National Tourism Administration.|
|2005-01-01||The property right of The Garden Hotel was returned to the Guangzhou Municipal Government and then the Hotel became a member of Guangzhou Lingnan International Enterprise Group Co., Ltd.|
|1990-07-16||The Garden Hotel was honored as China’s “Five-Star Hotel” by the China National Tourism Administration.|
|1985-08-28||The Garden Hotel was officially opened.|
|1984-02-02||The Garden Hotel’s tablet was inscribed by the former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping.|
|1980-12-26||The Garden Hotel celebrated its grand foundation laid by the former Chinese President Yang Shangkun.|
|The Garden Hotel was sketchily designed by Mr. Ieoh Ming Pei|
|2010-05-11||“China Hotel Golden Star Award” conferred by China Tourist Hotels Association|
|2010-04-08||“Best Business Hotel in Guangzhou” by TTG China|
|2010-03-18||“Top 10 Glamorous Hotels of China” in the China Hotel Starlight Awards|
|2008-03-07||“Top Ten Most Attractive Hotels in China”, “Best Employer of China Hotel Industry” in the China Hotel Starlight Awards|
|2007-10-21||“National Brand Award” in the Platinum Awards of International Hotel Forum Organization|
|2007-06-15||“Top Ten Famous Brand Hotels in Asia” in the Global Hotel Five Star Golden Diamond Awards of Global Hotel Forum|
|2005-11-19||“Top Ten Most Popular Hotels in China” in the Platinum Awards of International Hotel Forum Organization|
|2005-04-18||“Top Ten Popular Business Hotels in China” in the China Hotel Golden Pillow Awards|
|2004-09-24||“Best Business Hotel in Guangzhou” awarded by Business Traveller Asia-Pacific|
The Garden Hotel has hosted many VIPs, including:
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
- H.H. Ahmed Al-Fahad Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah, President of the Olympic Council of Asia
- Mr. Ludwig Scotty, former President of Nauru
- H.E. Mr. Abhisit Vejjajiva, Prime Minister of Thailand
- Mr. Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, former President of France
- Mr. Edward Heath, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Mr. Pierre Trudeau, former Prime Minister of Canada
- Mr. Bob Hawke, former Prime Minister of Australia
- Mr. Toshiki Kaifu, former Prime Minister of Japan
- Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, Minister Mentor and former Prime Minister of Singapore
- Ms. Margaret Beckett, M.P., former Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs of the United Kingdom
- the Russian singer Vitas
- "Garden Hotel Among China's Platinum 5-Star Hotels". Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "The Garden Hotel Guangzhou". Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "首届中国饭店金星奖获奖名单正式公布". Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "The Garden Hotel Guangzhou Honored as Best Business Hotel in Guangzhou". Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "White Collection of China Hotel Starlight Awards". Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "2008第三届中国酒店星光奖获奖名单". Archived from the original on 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "第二届中外酒店白金奖•最佳民族品牌奖". Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "现场颁发亚洲十大著名品牌酒店奖项". Archived from the original on 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "首届白金奖 - 十大最受欢迎的酒店". Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "广州花园酒店近日获得2005中国酒店金枕头奖". Archived from the original on 2012-03-10. Retrieved 2010-07-14.