|Directed by||Ettore Scola|
|Produced by||Franco Committeri|
|Written by||Ruggero Maccari|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Edited by||Francesco Malvestito|
The Family (Italian: La famiglia) is a 1987 Italian film directed by Ettore Scola and starring Vittorio Gassman, Fanny Ardant, Philippe Noiret, and Stefania Sandrelli. It was entered into the 1987 Cannes Film Festival.
The film depicts a bourgeois Italian family seen through the eyes of Carlo, an old retired professor who is the last patriarch of his family. The memoirs of Carlo characterize the entire film, from the time of the Belle Époque until the 1980s, through two world wars, the economic boom, love, friendship, and all the events which constitute human life.
The film unfolds all around the apartment bought by the grandfather of Carlo. It shows the family, its dynastic succession, and its many traditions.
- Vittorio Gassman - Carlo as a man / Carlo's grandfather
- Stefania Sandrelli - Beatrice as a woman
- Andrea Occhipinti - Carlo as a young man
- Fanny Ardant - Adriana as a woman
- Philippe Noiret - Jean Luc
- Carlo Dapporto - Giulio as a man
- Massimo Dapporto - Giulio as a boy
- Sergio Castellitto - Carletto
- Ricky Tognazzi - Paolino
- Ottavia Piccolo - Adelina
- Athina Cenci - Aunt Margherita
- Emanuele Lamaro - Carlo as a child
- Cecilia Dazzi - Beatrice as a girl
- Jo Champa - Adriana as a young woman
- Joska Versari - Giulio as a child
- Alberto Gimignani - Giulio as a boy
- Dagmar Lassander - Marika
- List of submissions to the 60th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Italian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Festival de Cannes: La famiglia". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
- "The 60th Academy Awards (1988) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
|This 1980s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|