|Directed by||George Melford|
|Produced by||Jesse L. Lasky|
|Screenplay by||W. Somerset Maugham|
William C. deMille
Horace B. Carpenter
|Cinematography||Percy Hilburn (fr)|
Jesse L. Lasky Feature Play Company
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The Explorer is a lost 1915 American adventure silent film directed by George Melford and written by W. Somerset Maugham and William C. deMille. The film stars Lou Tellegen, Tom Forman, Dorothy Davenport, James Neill and Horace B. Carpenter. The film was released on September 27, 1915, by Paramount Pictures.
The film was advertised as a story of an adventurous youth who led an exploration party into Central Africa, risking life and honor for the women he loved.
- Lou Tellegen as Alec McKenzie
- Tom Forman as George Allerton
- Dorothy Davenport as Lucy Allerton
- James Neill as Dr. Adamson
- Horace B. Carpenter as McInnery
- The Library of Congress/FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:The Explorer
- The Explorer at TheGreatStars.com; Lost Films Wanted(Wayback Machine)
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films 1893-1993:The Explorer
- "The Explorer (1915) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "The Explorer". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- The Tacoma times. (Tacoma, Wash.), 20 Oct. 1915
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|