|The Contessa's Secret|
|Directed by||Georges Combret|
|Produced by||Claude Boissol|
|Starring||Yvonne De Carlo|
|Music by||Paul Durand|
|Distributed by||Taurus Film|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2015)
- Yvonne De Carlo as Virginia Oldoini
- Georges Marchal as Lucio Falengo
- Paul Meurisse as Napoleon III
- Rossano Brazzi as Count Cavour
- Lucienne Legrand as Empress Eugénie
- Lea Padovani as Princess Princess Mathilde Bonaparte
- Georges Lannes as Mocquart
- Michel Etcheverry as Pietri
- Tamara Lees as Princess of Metternich
- Claude Boissol as Nigra
- Lisette Lebon as Luisa
- Alberto Bonucci as Castiglione
- Roldano Lupi as Orsini
- Pierre Flourens as M. de Nieuwerkerke
- Charles Bouillaud as Un indicateur
De Carlo signed on for the film in late December 1953. The film was to be shot entirely in French with no English version, which no Hollywood star had done before. It was originally called Castiglione and Raf Vallone and Georges Marchall were meant to co star.
The film was shot in France in March 1954. De Carlo did not enjoy working for the producers . "I was very much put out when they gave me a stand in for a French dialogue coach," she said. "I thought I deserved better than that, particularly as I studied day and night to perfect myself in the reading of the lines. That was only one of numerous irksome things which not only I but other people had to put up with in that French production."
She later claimed the film was the first time a Hollywood actress did the lead in a film for which there was no English language version. "It was a distinction that made me feel proud."
- The Countess of Castiglione (1942)
- Looking at Hollywood: Yvonne De Carlo to Take Plane to Paris to Do French Film Hopper, Hedda. Chicago Daily Tribune 1 Jan 1954: b4.
- Drama: Frank Lloyd Readying 'Texian;' Dana Andrews Gets 'Builder-Upper' Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times 15 Apr 1954: A13.
- Yvonne's Persistence Making Believers of Her Critics Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times 2 May 1954: E1.
- De Carlo, Yvonne; Warren, Doug (1987). Yvonne : an autobiography. St Martins Press. p. 181.