|The Bandit of Zhobe|
Original British lobby card
|Directed by||John Gilling|
|Produced by||Irving Allen|
Albert R. Broccoli
|Screenplay by||John Gilling|
Richard Maibaum (story)
|Music by||Kenneth V. Jones|
|Edited by||Bert Rule|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|22 April 1959 (USA)|
The Bandit of Zhobe is a 1959 British CinemaScope adventure film directed by John Gilling and starring Victor Mature, Anne Aubrey and Anthony Newley. In British India a bandit goes on a rampage in the mistaken belief that the British have killed his family, which later proves to not be the case. It was produced by Albert Broccoli for Warwick Films and features extensive use of footage from Gilling's previous Zarak.
A bandit with a price on his head, is seen this time blind for revenge. He thinks that the British have massacred his people, his family, his wife and child. But he is wrong. Only the little romantic daughter of his enemy, overflowing with pity for him, could open his eyes to the truth.
- Victor Mature as Kasim Khan
- Anne Aubrey as Zena Crowley
- Anthony Newley as Corporal Stokes
- Norman Wooland as Major Crowley
- Dermot Walsh as Captain Saunders
- Walter Gotell as Azhad
- Paul Stassino as Hatti
- Larry Taylor as Ahmed
- Murray Kash as Zecco
- Sean Kelly as Lieutenant Wylie
- Denis Shaw as Hussu
- Maya Koumani as Tamara
The film was known as The Bandit. Filming started 11 August 1958.
Variety said "it cannot be taken seriously."
- TV Guide wrote, "it's all chase and melodrama with little care for characterizations." 
- The Radio Times called it a "very silly Northwest Frontier romp, with Victor Mature in dark make-up as Kasim Khan...romantic interest from forgotten starlet Anne Aubrey and some wince-inducing comic mugging from Anthony Newley. Quite a lot of money was thrown at it, but this remains a B-movie at heart." 
- Sky Movies called the film "a fiery 19th century adventure yarn that makes little sense but bulges with action that keeps coming at you." 
- "'Bandit' Will Screen". Los Angeles Times. 22 April 1959. p. A10.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | The BANDIT OF ZHOBE (1959)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 14 January 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "The Bandit of Zhobe". Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Hollywood Production Pulse". Variety. 6 August 1958. p. 20.
- Review at Variety
- "The Bandit Of Zhobe Review". TV Guide. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "The Bandit of Zhobe | Film review and movie reviews". Radio Times. 4 February 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "The Bandit Of Zhobe". Sky Movies HD. 3 May 2003. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|