This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Baby Maker|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||James Bridges|
|Produced by||Richard Goldstone|
|Written by||James Bridges|
|Music by||Fred Karlin|
|Cinematography||Charles Rosher Jr.|
|Edited by||Walter Thompson|
Robert Wise Productions
|Distributed by||National General Pictures|
Tish Gray is a flower child who is hired to have the baby of a middle-class couple, Suzanne and Jay Wilcox. The film exposes the clash of values between Tish, her boyfriend Tad Jacks, and the couple. It also deals with the emotional turmoil all four characters go through.
- Barbara Hershey as Tish Gray
- Collin Wilcox Paxton as Suzanne Wilcox (as Collin Wilcox-Horne)
- Sam Groom as Jay Wilcox
- Scott Glenn as Tad Jacks
- Jeannie Berlin as Charlotte
- Lili Valenty as Mrs. Culnick
- Helena Kallianiotes as Wanda
- Jeff Siggins as Dexter
- Phyllis Coates as Tish's Mother
- Madge Kennedy as Tish's Grandmother
- Ray Hemphill as the Toy Store 'Killer'
- Paul Linke as Sam
- Bobby Pickett as Dr. Sims
- Samuel Francis as The Single Wing Turquoise Bird
- Alan Keesling as The Single Wing Turquoise Bird (2)
Criticizing the directing and writing of James Bridges, critic Shirley Rigby said of the "bizarre" film, "Only the performances in the film save it from being a total travesty." Rigby went on to say, "Barbara Hershey is a great little actress, much, much more than just another pretty face." John Simon called The Baby Maker insufferable.
The Baby Maker was released to DVD by Warner Home Video on March 23, 2009, via the Warner Archives DVD-on-demand service as a Region 1 DVD.
|This 1970s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|