|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length||1.474 mi (2.372 km)|
|West end||SH 155 in Tyler|
|East end||FM 2493 in Tyler|
SH 57 begins at an intersection with SH 155 in southwestern Tyler. The route travels to the east before ending at FM 2493. The roadway continues under local maintenance as Grande Boulevard. SH 57 is four lanes with a center turn lane for its entire length.
SH 57 was originally designated on August 21, 1923 on a route along the Gulf Coast from Rockport to Gregory, replacing part of SH 12, which was relocated to the west. On March 19, 1928, the route was extended to east of Blessing. On April 25, 1929, a section from Corpus Christi to Chapman Ranch was added. On March 19, 1930, the section from Corpus Christi to Chapman Ranch became part of SH 96. On October 21, 1930, SH 57 was rerouted to end in Palacios. On April 10, 1934, this route was cancelled, as it became part of SH 35.
The SH 57 designation was once again used beginning on August 5, 1966, on a route from Eagle Pass to near Moore, as a renumbering of SH 76 and to coincide with Mexican Federal Highway 57. This route would be renumbered US 57 on August 31, 1970.
|0.000||0.000||SH 155 (Frankston Highway) – Frankston||Western terminus|
|1.474||2.372||FM 2493 (Old Jacksonville Highway) – Bullard||Eastern terminus; roadway continues as West Grande Boulevard|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway No. 57". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2014). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2014 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 488. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Google (September 29, 2011). "Overview map of Texas State Highway 57 Distances Between Interchanges" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003676878.pdf. Missing or empty
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003676989.pdf. Missing or empty
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003673782.pdf. Missing or empty
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003673798.pdf. Missing or empty
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003673847.pdf. Missing or empty
- Official Map of the Highway System of Texas (Map). 1"=29 mi. Cartography by R. M. Stene. Texas State Highway Commission. Retrieved June 9, 2015.