T.L. Wagener (Terri Wagener) is a playwright and screenwriter. Her plays include The Man Who Could See Through Time, The Tattler: The Story and Stories of a Pathological Liar, Currently Married, Ladies in Waiting, Semi-Precious Things, Damn Everything But The Circus, and Work. Her film work includes Fried Green Tomatoes, and others. She is known in Hollywood as the writer whose work got Jessica Tandy to say "yes."
She is a recipient of an NEA Playwriting Fellowship Grant and is cited in "Best New Plays, 1982-1983," the Reva Shiner National Full-Length Play Contest, and has twice been a finalist for the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize. Her plays have been produced at the O'Neill Playwrights Conference in Connecticut, Actors Theatre of Louisville, Yale Repertory Theatre, South Coast Repertory (with Linda Purl off-Broadway (with Bob Gunton directed by Carey Perloff), as well as at many smaller theaters in the United States and Canada. Wagener's two-person play "A Royal Affaire," about King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson was performed as a Benefit Gala program for the Pasadena Playhouse by Sharon Stone and David Hyde Pierce.
Wagener has taught writing at New Dramatists in New York City, Bread Loaf Graduate School of English at Middlebury College in Vermont, the Department of Dramatic Writing at The Tisch School at NYU, to schoolchildren in Sydney, Australia, and as part of the Screen Actors Guild Summer Conservatory in Los Angeles.
- "Terri Wagener credits".
- Todd Temple, Georgia (July 26, 1992). "Playwright's Talent is More Than Luck". Midland Reporter-Telegram.
- Temple, Georgia Todd (July 26, 1992). "Playwright Puts Finishing Touch on Screenplay". Midland Reporter-Telegram.
- Guernsey, Otis (1983). Best New Plays 1982-1983. New York, New York: Dodd, Mead, & Company. p. 64. ISBN 0-396-08240-8.
- "When Work is Play".
- "Linda Purl credits". speakingofstories.org.
- Thronson, Ron. "An Array of Offerings Await OC Theatres" (August, 1982). Orange Coast Magazine. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Hischak, Thomas S. (2003). Enter the Players: New York Stage Actors in the Twentieth Century. Oxford, UK: Scarecrow Press, Inc. ISBN 0-8108-4761-2.
- Fliotsos, Vierow, Anne, Wendy (2008). American Women Stage Directors of the Twentieth Century. p. 346. ISBN 978-0-252-03226-4. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- "The Man Who Could See Through Time".
- "Nuts and Bolts Theatre productions".
- "Texas Monthly" (June 1983).
- "Full History of Hothouse at the Playhouse".
- "Adam Huggard credits".
- "Florida Studio Theatre Readings and Workshops" (PDF).
- Zink, Jack (March 25, 1991). "Review: The Tattler". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved October 2014. Check date values in:
- "David Hyde Pierce's Charities and Benefits, 1998". dhpzone.tripod.com. Retrieved October 2014. Check date values in: