Smith with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2017.
|Born:||May 3, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Southwest DeKalb|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Terrance Smith (born May 3, 1993) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Florida State. He was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent after the 2016 NFL Draft.
High school career
Smith attended Southwest Dekalb High School in Decatur, Georgia. As a junior, he recorded 120+ tackles, 15 sacks and 15 tackles-for-loss. As a senior, he recorded 60 tackles and 10 sacks in just nine games. He was rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, their 18th overall outside linebacker. He was rated four-stars and ranked the 21st overall defensive end by Scout.com. 247Sports.com rated him a three-star recruit, he was also ranked the 26th overall outside linebacker by ESPN. He was #27 on the SuperPrep Georgia 83, #34 on The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's top 50 recruits list. While at Southwest Dekalb, he also was a sprinter/jumper on the school's track & field team.
Smith then attended Florida State University where he majored in social science. As a true freshman in 2011, he appeared in the first two games of the season, recording one tackle, before suffering an injury. He was given a medical redshirt. In 2012, as a redshirt freshman, he appeared mostly on special teams. He recorded nine tackles (eight solo.) and 1.5 tackles-for-loss. As a redshirt sophomore in 2013 he appeared in 13 games (10 starts). He recorded 59 tackles, 2.5 tackles-for-loss, two sacks, one interception and three passes defensed. For the season, he was named All-ACC honorable mention. In 2014 as a redshirt junior, he recorded 86 tackles (53 solo.), 4.5 tackles-for-loss, one sack, two interceptions, one pass defensed and one forced fumble. He was named Second-team All-ACC. During his injury shortened 2015 season, he started nine games, missing four due to an ankle injury. He recorded 64 tackles (33 solo.), 3.5 tackles-for-loss, and one sack. After the season, he appeared in the 2016 East–West Shrine Game.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|33 3⁄4 in
|9 7⁄8 in
|4.77 s||1.65 s||2.77 s||4.49 s||7.14 s||34 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 00 in
|All values from 2016 NFL Scouting Combine (except shuttle and cone, from Florida State pro day).|
Kansas City Chiefs
After going undrafted in the 2016 NFL Draft, Smith was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs on May 6, 2016. On September 3, he was waived during final cuts. On September 5, he was signed to the Chiefs' practice squad. On November 1, he was promoted to the Chiefs' active roster.
On October 23, 2018, Smith was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.
- "Terrance Smith Biography". Seminoles.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Terrance Smith College stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Terrance Smith, DS #23 OLB, Florida State". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Terrance Smith Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- Thorman, Joel (May 2, 2016). "Chiefs give Florida State UDFA LB Terrance Smith a nice signing bonus". ArrowheadPride.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Terrance Smith Transactions". FoxSports.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- Thorman, Joel (November 2, 2016). "ILB Terrance Smith joins Kansas City Chiefs 53-man roster". ArrowheadPride.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Surprise! Chiefs place OL Jordan Devey and LB Terrance Smith on IR". ArrowheadPride.com. October 23, 2018.
- "Dolphins Sign Terrance Smith, Waived/Injured Jonathan Woodard". MiamiDolphins.com. August 11, 2019.
- "Dolphins Announce Roster Moves, Set Initial 53-Man Roster". MiamiDolphins.com. August 31, 2019.
- Hale, David M. (October 24, 2013). "Smith not ashamed of father's name". ESPN.com. Retrieved December 13, 2016.