|next DYK update: 00:00, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: 06:07, 27 January 2020 (UTC)Last updated: 18 hours ago (verify · reset · purge)
- ... that it would take Bronisław Pięcik upwards of a thousand hours on average to build his elaborate Kraków szopka nativity scenes (example pictured)?
- ... that the critically endangered spoon-billed sandpiper can often be seen at Laem Phak Bia in Thailand?
- ... that Mackay Yanagisawa was forced to re-mortgage his house three times to keep the Hula Bowl running?
- ... that Kim A. Wagner wrote The Skull of Alum Bheg to tell the story of "thousands of Indian soldiers" who rebelled in 1857?
- ... that quotations by architect Abraham H. Albertson about the Cobb Building in Seattle were immortalized 80 years later in a staircase in nearby University Street station?
- ... that five days after evacuating Blechhammer concentration camp in January 1945, German soldiers returned to murder prisoners who had been unable to leave?
- ... that Hungarian veterinarian József Marek, the first to identify Marek's disease, also developed a remedy for liver fluke in cattle and a nasogastric tube for treating horse colic?
- ... that the song "New Body" was removed from Kanye West's 2019 album Jesus Is King one day before its release?