Along Pennsylvania Route 36 in the township
Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania highlighting Taylor Township
Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania
|• Type||Board of Supervisors|
|• Total||23.34 sq mi (60.46 km2)|
|• Land||23.34 sq mi (60.46 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||104.99/sq mi (40.54/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
- ZIP code: 16673
- Area code: 814
- Local telephone exchange: 224
Taylor Township is located along the southern border of Blair County; Bedford County is to the south. The township completely surrounds the borough of Roaring Spring. The township's western border follows the ridgecrest of Dunning Mountain and Short Mountain, then curves to the east along the crest of Loop Mountain.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
According to the census of 2000, there were 2,239 people, 852 households, and 685 families residing in the township. The population density was 96.8 people per square mile (37.4/km²). There were 909 housing units at an average density of 39.3/sq mi (15.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.84% White, 0.22% African American, 0.13% Asian, 0.18% from other races, and 0.63% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.36% of the population.
There were 852 households, out of which 30.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.3% were married couples living together, 5.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.5% were non-families. 17.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 2.95.
In the township the population was spread out, with 22.6% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 27.4% from 25 to 44, 27.6% from 45 to 64, and 14.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 106.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $41,635, and the median income for a family was $45,795. Males had a median income of $30,368 versus $23,438 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,260. About 0.9% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.0% of those under age 18 and 6.1% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Taylor township, Blair County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/ The National Map, retrieved 14 November 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 147, retrieved 14 November 2018