June 4, 1988 |
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Rochester Americans (AHL)
San Jose Sharks
Fedun impressed the Oilers at the 2011 Young Stars Tournament in Penticton, British Columbia, and continued to impress throughout the Oilers' pre-season games, remaining on the roster after other young high performers, such as Tyler Pitlick and Curtis Hamilton, have been sent to the Oilers' AHL farm team, the Oklahoma City Barons.
Prior to the 2011–12 season, when the Oilers' roster sat at 32 players, with 9 more needing to be cut before the team's final roster was made, Fedun was tripped by the Minnesota Wild's forward, Eric Nystrom, and fractured his femur during a preseason game while attempting to retrieve the puck and force an icing. Fedun suffered a complex fracture to his right femur and missed the entire 2011–12 season after a rod was put in his leg. This was the second time the NHL's icing policy led to a fractured femur in the post-lockout era, with the previous injury occurring to former Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster in 2007. The icing rule was changed for the 2013-14 season to reduce the risk for potentially damaging collisions.
|2004–05||Fort Saskatchewan Traders||AJHL||1||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Fort Saskatchewan Traders||AJHL||60||13||18||31||72||3||1||1||2||4|
|2006–07||Spruce Grove Saints||AJHL||50||10||33||43||103||10||3||5||8||31|
|2012–13||Oklahoma City Barons||AHL||70||8||19||27||30||17||3||3||6||6|
|2013–14||Oklahoma City Barons||AHL||63||11||26||37||51||3||0||1||1||4|
|2014–15||San Jose Sharks||NHL||7||0||4||4||4||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2009–10|
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2010–11|||
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||2010–11|
- Hockey Primetime - College players begin exodus to the pros | Futures Watch | News Archived March 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Oilers trim roster by twelve - Edmonton Oilers - Transactions
- Oilers defence takes a beating in win over Wild | Hockey | Sports | Toronto Sun
- Hybrid icing tops list of rule changes for 2013-14. NHL.com Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- "Taylor Fedun overcomes horrific injury to score in Oilers debut". Yahoo! Sports. 2013-11-05. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Scott, Fedun sign one-year contracts with Sharks". National Hockey League. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "Canucks sign defenseman Taylor Fedun". Vancouver Canucks. 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Sabres ink Taylor Fedun". Buffalo Sabres. 2016-07-01. Retrieved 2016-07-01.
- All-League & All-Rookie Teams Announced