Wooden houses in Tasiusaq
|State||Kingdom of Denmark|
Tasiusaq (old spelling: Tasiussaq) is an island settlement in the Avannaata municipality in northwestern Greenland. It had 248 inhabitants in 2010. In Kalaallisut, the name means "looks like a lake".
Tasiusaq is located on Tasiusaq Island within Upernavik Archipelago, a vast archipelago of small islands on the coast of northeastern Baffin Bay. The archipelago extends from the northwestern coast of Sigguup Nunaa peninsula in the south at approximately  to the southern end of Melville Bay (Greenlandic: Qimusseriarsuaq) in the north at approximately .
Tasiusaq is one of the few settlements in the Avannaata municipality exhibiting significant growth patterns over the course of the last two decades, increasing by nearly half relative to the 1990 levels and by over 7 percent relative to the 2000 levels.
- Statistics Greenland Archived 2011-08-12 at the Wayback Machine (in Danish)
- Nunavik, Saga Map, 1:250.000, Tage Schjøtt, 1992
- Upernavik Avannarleq, Saga Map, 1:250.000, Tage Schjøtt, 1992
- Statistics Greenland Archived 2011-08-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Air Greenland, Departures and Arrivals Archived 2010-03-09 at the Wayback Machine