|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Elizabeth II article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42|
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence, artefact), and some terms that are used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|Elizabeth II is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured article on June 2, 2012.|
|This article has been viewed enough times in a single year to make it into the Top 50 Report annual list. This happened in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.|
|Elizabeth II has been listed as a level-4 vital article in People. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as FA-Class.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to .If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects.|
|This page has previously been nominated to be moved. Before re-nominating, review the move requests listed below.
This article has been mentioned by a media organization:
|This talk page is automatically archived by lowercase sigmabot III. Threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved.|
GoodDay Oska I've seen the recent edits and reverts. What is the reason for not using 'Windsor' in the first sentence? The latest discussion can be found here. It seems strange there is reference to it in the infobox without further clarification. AussieWikiDan (talk) 01:17, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- My understanding was that we don't use the surname in the intro of the article (IMHO, it shouldn't be in the infobox either), as we don't use it in the bio intros of her children, grandchildren (except Archie), cousins. GoodDay (talk) 02:09, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- There's more recent discussion in Talk:Elizabeth II/Archive 41. DrKay (talk) 08:43, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
It seems another editor is putting her birth name in the infobox as Princess Elizabeth of York, I reverted the edit once but they have re added it stating it is an 'Undisputed fact'. Rather than enter into an edit war, I thought I would ask people's opinion here (as I may be wrong). The Queen was not BORN Princess Elizabeth of York, that was a title given to her, she was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor. As I say I maybe wrong which is why I asked on here before reverting the edit again. Tommi1986 (talk) 21:12, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
- Her birth name was HRH Princess Elizabeth of York. Insofar as that title was given to her, it was given to her by automatic operation of letters patent issued long before she was born.
- But I think the field is better left blank. We don't have to fill every field in every infobox and this one is a distraction. Kahastok talk 21:28, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
- Her birth certificate is online if you just Google it. It says “Elizabeth Alexandra Mary”. Doesn’t list her surname of Windsor. Agree with the above user though. This field should be left blank. Thanks --Jkaharper (talk) 21:31, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 22 February 2021
|This edit request has been answered. Set the |
- i may not know anything about this nor may i be sure about what im about to say but.... as hard as i am strugulyinng to still comprehend what has hapened and more all i want to say is I have came to a connclution that i may be part of the British Royal Family! 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:48, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- This is a page to discuss changes to the article, not a place to discuss the subject itself. Good luck with your new familial commitments—I hear there's a recent vacancy opened up. ——Serial 06:55, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 24 February 2021
|This edit request has been answered. Set the |